Imagine that!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imagine that!

Imagine that! 10 months, 1 week ago #1

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
It seems so far all the first round OLINE picks other than Fluker and Long have been a disappointment to say the least. Fisher has not been good, Joekle before being lost for the season has not lived up, Johnson is up and down all year also. It seems Fluker whom most all hated for pick 12 has been the true consistent guy.

Imagine if we went up for Fisher, Joekle, or Johnson with the performance they are giving. Man oh man I'm glad we were smart! It goes to show its hard to pick a true winner even with all the knowledge we think we know and studied. It might even be harder to gauge Olinemen as oppose to other positions. I think we made the right choice!
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by aquaaiea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dolphin North

Re: Imagine that! 10 months, 1 week ago #2

aquaaiea wrote:
It seems so far all the first round OLINE picks other than Fluker and Long have been a disappointment to say the least. Fisher has not been good, Joekle before being lost for the season has not lived up, Johnson is up and down all year also. It seems Fluker whom most all hated for pick 12 has been the true consistent guy.

Imagine if we went up for Fisher, Joekle, or Johnson with the performance they are giving. Man oh man I'm glad we were smart! It goes to show its hard to pick a true winner even with all the knowledge we think we know and studied. It might even be harder to gauge Olinemen as oppose to other positions. I think we made the right choice!

Good decision on Jordan so far IMO. The thing is, we just had our first draft in many years where we had a good number of picks. Some teams perennially have what seems to be a boat load of picks and eventually they will hit more picks with more chances in the first 3-5 rounds. Of course we hear about those rare picks where a late pick turns out to perform at a higher level than expected and we wonder what is wrong with our team. But those teams pick their duds too and we don;t hear as much about those because there are late round duds all over the league, but they are usually cut before ever playing a regular season game. And of course they have their higher round picks that either bust or take a few years to develop. As I said, we just had our first draft where we were one of the top teams as far as number and quality of picks goes. We had more tickets in the lottery so we had a better chance to make a difference. Time will tell. Jordan so far looks like he will be a cornerstone for our defense long after Wake is gone, and we are just scratching the surface. Davis showed he can play and just needs to get healthy and Taylor has not been healthy enough to show what he can do, but is intelligent by all accounts. At least one of those 2 guys should end up being like Odrick, who was injured and then needed time to show what he can be. Sturgis looks like a stud. If we keep lining ourselves up with good picks and not trading the annual second rounder for a backup QB like we used to do, we will build a winner. But it takes more than 1 or 2 good drafts.
IMHO.
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by Dolphin North.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hndrkyabong34, DaytonaDolfan

Re: Imagine that! 10 months, 1 week ago #3

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
Well said DN! We got our usual draft this year unless something happens, which should be enough to land a couple of Oline and hope they turn out. Off course if we can address that in FA than who knows what 1and 2 we'll bring in.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: Imagine that! 10 months, 1 week ago #4

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
Jordan is going to be beast. Watch him grow and 2 years from now, this draft trade will make everyone feel the same

Re: Imagine that! 10 months, 1 week ago #5

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
Bahamas wrote:
Jordan is going to be beast. Watch him grow and 2 years from now, this draft trade will make everyone feel the same

The fact that people are commenting that Jordan is interruption when on the field is proving to me that he is a big factor now and in the future!
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds