Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Game plan vs Bucs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Game plan vs Bucs

Game plan vs Bucs 1 year, 2 months ago #1

The Bucs always come at our offense overly aggressive with D lineman blasting through gaps and linebackers selling out 100% to the ball carrier. They always seem to set the tone. I hope to see Sherman use this against them early. I've mentioned a couple times that we have yet to run much play action, opting to hand the ball off almost exclusively.

I'd like to see a healthy dose of play fakes from our power right run action with Tannehill getting a chance to set up deep or roll left looking down the field. Let's get him used to looking deeper downfield, buying time and burning the D with his feet when appropriate.

I'd also like to see Tannehill fake a couple sweep rights from the shotgun formation and take off running left. I don't care if he goes into slide mode. I just want defenses to learn to respect Tannehill's ability to burn them if they sell out attacking the run. We have been so close to breaking those sweeps right. If Tannehill can force the D to hold one count before committing to the running back, I think that'll be time for Thomas/Miller to clear the second level and be into daylight.

When Tannehill learns to tie his agility, strength and speed with that cannon, defenses with cringe and D coordinators will panic and make mistakes. This is the dress rehearsal. Let's play to win. Let's get them off balance and keep them there all game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driven_Phinsane

Game plan vs Bucs 1 year, 1 month ago #2

This score if the game would have looked much differently IF they would have used your game plan.

Tannehill NEVER pump-fakes. He rarely, if ever, keeps the ball and runs with it. Teams don't even go after him when he pretends to be running with it. They know he is handing the ball off every time, even though he is one of the most athletic QB's in the league.

Sherman's redzone playcalling is WEAK, period.

3rd and goal and not one receiver goes in the endzone?
Winners never quit and quitters never win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hndrkyabong34, Wulf

Re: Game plan vs Bucs 1 year, 1 month ago #3

• Wulf
  • Veteran
The score would also have looked much differently if 2 TD's and two punt receptions were caught, and held on to! That's an 18 point swing on just those 4 stupid mistakes!
“He can take his'n and beat your'n
and take your'n and beat his'n”
― The late Bum Philips (about Don Shula)

Game plan vs Bucs 1 year, 1 month ago #4

Wulf wrote:
The score would also have looked much differently if 2 TD's and two punt receptions were caught, and held on to! That's an 18 point swing on just those 4 stupid mistakes!

True!!

No excuses fir those drops. The muffled punts was an illegal play though. He calked for a fair catch and the defender knocked a Dolphins player into the player attempting to receive the punt. Unless I mistaken, that is against the rules.
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: Game plan vs Bucs 1 year, 1 month ago #5

This was Martin's worst game. He was a primary reason that we failed to score on the opening drive. Clayborn and McCoy ran thru and around him for QB pressures and to stuff the run.

He also was flagged for illegal procedure for not lining up correctly in an attempt to get a jump on his man and failed miserably before the play was flagged and called back.

Everyone has a bad game from time to time. Hoping Martin gets back on track as he has been average up until this game.

Jerry was bad, but gets a pass as this was his first action.

Cogs and Pouncey also blew a couple plays.

RMatthews is bad at blocking, which is a surprise as he is a pretty stout looking WR.
---------
Slainte!
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds