Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12

Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #1

Little Game - Put the players in the order that you feel that the Dolphins should have them ranked on their draft board, and how much you want a certain player to be drafted.

Lane Johnson - OT
Xavier Rhodes - CB
Desmond Trufant - CB
Tavon Austin - WR
Tyler Eifert - TE
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Kenny Vaccaro - S
Tank Carradine - DE
Matt Elam - S
D.J. Fluker - DE/OLB

THE LIST ABOVE IS RANDOM AND IT IS NOT THE ORDER I WANT THE DOLPHINS TO HAVE THEM RANKED
Winners never quit and quitters never win.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by DolphinsFreak.

Re: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #2

DolphinsFreak wrote:
Little Game - Put the players in the order that you feel that the Dolphins should have them ranked on their draft board, and how much you want a certain player to be drafted.

Lane Johnson - OT
Xavier Rhodes - CB
Desmond Trufant - CB
Tavon Austin - WR
Tyler Eifert - TE
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Kenny Vaccaro - S
Tank Carradine - DE
Matt Elam - S
D.J. Fluker - DE/OLB


<strong>THE LIST ABOVE IS RANDOM AND IT IS NOT THE ORDER I WANT THE DOLPHINS TO HAVE THEM RANKED</strong>


Fluker is OG/OT.. I think you had a typo.. Here is my preferred order which is based on need and value.

Lane Johnson
Jarvis Jones
Marcus Trufant
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Xavier Rhoads
Werner
Mingo
Carradine
Fluker
Vaccaro
Elam
Pattersen - no need at WR this early now.. I'd still like to get one in the 3rd - maybe Tannehills old mate from A&M..

I think Johnson is my #1 because he would be good value at #12 and fill a huge need. Jarvis Jones is there because at one point he was considered the best player in this draft. He would be a fixture at OLB for a long time, and is an excellent pass rusher. I like Trufant better than Rhoads only because of the zone scheme we are supposed to run next season. Austin is up on the list because he is the best playmaker in the draft IMO.. Put him in the slot and we will wreak havoc.. Eifert is this years Gronk, and we've seen what a stud TE can do for an offense. If none of those I want pass rushers next. Then Flucker, who had an amazing combine and pro day, because I see oline as a bigger need than safety.. The two safeties round out my list. I just don't see the need there and think Clemons can hold his own. He improved significantly last year under Croyle and I expect that to continue.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by idahomer.

Re: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #3

Xavier Rhodes- CB
Desmond Trufant-CB
Kenny Vaccaro-S
Lane Johnson-OT
Matt Elam-S
D.J. Fluker - OT/OG
Tyler Eifert - TE
Tank Carradine-DE
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Tavon Austin - WR
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR
"FREE FLOW"
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by VAIDER5120.

Re: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #4

idahomer wrote:
DolphinsFreak wrote:
Little Game - Put the players in the order that you feel that the Dolphins should have them ranked on their draft board, and how much you want a certain player to be drafted.

Lane Johnson - OT
Xavier Rhodes - CB
Desmond Trufant - CB
Tavon Austin - WR
Tyler Eifert - TE
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Kenny Vaccaro - S
Tank Carradine - DE
Matt Elam - S
D.J. Fluker - DE/OLB


<strong>THE LIST ABOVE IS RANDOM AND IT IS NOT THE ORDER I WANT THE DOLPHINS TO HAVE THEM RANKED</strong>


Fluker is OG/OT.. I think you had a typo.. Here is my preferred order which is based on need and value.

Lane Johnson
Jarvis Jones
Marcus Trufant
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Xavier Rhoads
Werner
Mingo
Carradine
Fluker
Vaccaro
Elam
Pattersen - no need at WR this early now.. I'd still like to get one in the 3rd - maybe Tannehills old mate from A&M..

I think Johnson is my #1 because he would be good value at #12 and fill a huge need. Jarvis Jones is there because at one point he was considered the best player in this draft. He would be a fixture at OLB for a long time, and is an excellent pass rusher. I like Trufant better than Rhoads only because of the zone scheme we are supposed to run next season. Austin is up on the list because he is the best playmaker in the draft IMO.. Put him in the slot and we will wreak havoc.. Eifert is this years Gronk, and we've seen what a stud TE can do for an offense. If none of those I want pass rushers next. Then Flucker, who had an amazing combine and pro day, because I see oline as a bigger need than safety.. The two safeties round out my list. I just don't see the need there and think Clemons can hold his own. He improved significantly last year under Croyle and I expect that to continue.


Great Post!!
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #5

VAIDER5120 wrote:
Xavier Rhodes- CB
Desmond Trufant-CB
Kenny Vaccaro-S
Lane Johnson-OT
Matt Elam-S
D.J. Fluker - OT/OG
Tyler Eifert - TE
Tank Carradine-DE
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Tavon Austin - WR
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR


I will respond to your post with my draft order since our opinions seem to be really similar.

Xavier Rhodes- CB
Desmond Trufant-CB
Kenny Vaccaro-S
Tyler Eifert - TE
Tank Carradine-DE
Lane Johnson-OT
Matt Elam-S
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Tavon Austin - WR
D.J. Fluker - OT/OG
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #6

Seems the 3 of us all agree that WR is no longer a need..

I like both CB's at the top as well. The only reason I lean towards Johnson is that he is projected as a top 10 pick in most drafts, and the farthest I've seen him drop is to #11. To me at #12 you are getting great value, whereas, both Trufant and Rhoads mock anywhere from 5 to 25.. I think if you pick them at #12 you are not getting the BPA at that draft spot. You are no doubt getting the best player at a position of need, but Johnson at #12 would be the BPA on the board at that point unless someone else falls (i.e. Jarvis Jones, Milner, etc)..
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by idahomer.

Re: Top Dolphins Draft Choices At #12 1 year, 8 months ago #7

DolphinsFreak wrote:
Little Game - Put the players in the order that you feel that the Dolphins should have them ranked on their draft board, and how much you want a certain player to be drafted.

Lane Johnson - OT
Xavier Rhodes - CB
Desmond Trufant - CB
Tavon Austin - WR
Tyler Eifert - TE
Barkevious Mingo - LB/DE
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR
Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB
Bjoern Werner - DE/OLB
Kenny Vaccaro - S
Tank Carradine - DE
Matt Elam - S
D.J. Fluker - DE/OLB

<strong>THE LIST ABOVE IS RANDOM AND IT IS NOT THE ORDER I WANT THE DOLPHINS TO HAVE THEM RANKED</strong>



OT Lane Johnson. I don't think he will be available

TE Tyler Eifert. I think he is going to be a playmaking stud TE.

DB Desmond Trufant. I like him better than Rhodes and he fills a huge need.

DE Bjoern Werner. Fills a huge need.

FS Kenny Vaccaro. Could become a playmaker in the secondary.

DB Xavier Rhodes. Fills a huge need.

DE Tank Carradine. Fills a huge need.

OT DJ Fluker. Fills a huge need.

WR Tavon Austin. He could become a star but we already have Mike Wallace so there is no need to take a chance on a player who is far from a sure thing.

DE Barkevious Mingo. He would fill a huge need but I read some articles on him that concern me.

DE/OLB Jarvis Jones. I think he is more of a 3-4 OLB.

WR Cordarelle Patterson. I know he has good measurables but he was not dominant in college. We don't need a WR in round 1.

SS Matt Elam. He is a SS and we already have Reshad Jones. Besides he is more of a 2nd round prospect anyway.
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds