Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

We lost LONG But could it mean we won?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: We lost LONG But could it mean we won?

We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #1

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
4 years 34mil 16 guarenteed! Now go out and sign Winston and cornerback!
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by aquaaiea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driven_Phinsane

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #2

aquaaiea wrote:

I am happy about this. He doesn't fit our scheme and his body is breaking down. Now go sign Eric Winston. We will only have to pay him RT money instead of LT money. We should be able to sign Winston to a 4 year $18 million deal.

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #3

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
virginiadolfan wrote:
aquaaiea wrote:

I am happy about this. He doesn't fit our scheme and his body is breaking down. Now go sign Eric Winston. We will only have to pay him RT money instead of LT money. We should be able to sign Winston to a 4 year $18 million deal.

Does it change our draft strategy, I'm thinking if Lane Johnson is there we nab him at 12! I know you like Trufant but we have to think best value at 12.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #4

aquaaiea wrote:
virginiadolfan wrote:
aquaaiea wrote:

Does it change our draft strategy, I'm thinking if Lane Johnson is there we nab him at 12! I know you like Trufant but we have to think best value at 12.

Well we should sign Winston now and not wait until the draft to address the OT position because its likely that Johnson will not be available at #12 and there is a big drop off in OT talent after him. I really like Trufant. He should be there at #12 but i would like to trade down to around the #20 range and take Trufant there where he will be good value.

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #5

• Wulf
  • Veteran
aquaaiea wrote:

Have to wonder if this might cause issues within the Rams OL. They already have a LT in Rodger Saffold, who is finishing a 4yr/$6.3 mil contract this season, and Barksdale is in the middle of a 4yr/$2.579 mil deal. Our own John Martin is a sophomore in a 4yr/$4.8 mil rookie contract.

Two-time Pro Bowl Veteran Jermon Bushrod is only getting 5yr/$35 mil in Chicago, and he's better than Long! I'm happy that we're moving away from the old, and heading into the new. That we won't pay the desperation money for a player who has been playing injured more than not is a good sign! (IMHO)

Remembering Jake Long as #1 overall in the draft always reminds me of Bill Parcells, so GOOMBYE Jake!
“He can take his'n and beat your'n
and take your'n and beat his'n”
― The late Bum Philips (about Don Shula)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hndrkyabong34

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #6

So Parcells was a total failure. Thanks Wayne Huizenga for not knowing squat about football and getting duped.

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #7

Forty_Years wrote:
<strong>So Parcells was a total failure. Thanks Wayne Huizenga for not knowing squat about football and getting duped.</strong>

Parcells with his bust in Canton is like Milli-Vanilli in the Rock & Roll H.O.F., LOL!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wulf

We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #8

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
Forty_Years wrote:
<strong>So Parcells was a total failure. Thanks Wayne Huizenga for not knowing squat about football and getting duped.</strong>

Parcells with his bust in Canton is like Milli-Vanilli in the Rock & Roll H.O.F., LOL!

-------------

Now that is funny!

Re: We lost LONG But could it mean we won? 1 year, 7 months ago #9

• ONole1
virginiadolfan wrote:
aquaaiea wrote:
virginiadolfan wrote:
aquaaiea wrote:

Well we should sign Winston now and not wait until the draft to address the OT position because its likely that Johnson will not be available at #12 and there is a big drop off in OT talent after him. I really like Trufant. He should be there at #12 but i would like to trade down to around the #20 range and take Trufant there where he will be good value.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, not sure any of the top three OT's will be there at #12. I think Barkley get's back up into the top 10. If Miami wanted one of the top three OT's they would probably have to move up. I do like Lane Johnson the best of all of them though.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds