Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs?

Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #1

Jason La Canfora: Buzz I am hearing among GMs is that Jake Long will end up back in Miami. Rams still in the hunt but this isn't wreaking of a bidding war

In addition to Jason LaCanfora, Sports Illustrated's Peter King tweets: When and where do you think jake long will sign ... Tonight or tmrw. Hear it's close. Guessing Miami over StL" The lack of a 3+ team bidding war means similar offers are available to Long from the Dolphins and Rams. Expect the tie to go in favor of the Dolphins, who would be rewarded for their patience by getting Long back on a team-favorable deal. The belief was that a deep free agency and draft class at OT would depress Long's value, and that appears to be true - for now.
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #2

• Dolfan1
  • Bob
Long in 24 or Winston in 48.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #3

Dolfan1 wrote:
Long in 24 or Winston in 48.

I want Winston..but as the Stones say 'you can't always get what you want...'
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #4

• Dolfan1
  • Bob
I just hope if we do get Jake back, it's an incentive laden contract. Ya know like if he plays so many games he gets x amount more money..
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #5

Dolfan1 wrote:
I just hope if we do get Jake back, it's an incentive laden contract. Ya know like if he plays so many games he gets x amount more money..

Ditto.

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #6

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18...-to-terms-with-rams/

So much for media guessing right?! Should be a good thing in the LONG run!!

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #7

• Wulf
  • Veteran
Dolfan1 wrote:

I don't mind Long becoming Long-gone!

Its time to move forward, and not invest so much in somebody who amounts to a "part-time" solution. When Jake is healthy, he is a solid pass blocker for a pocket-passing offense. Problem is, the mobile quarterback era is here. Add to that the fact that Jake seems to spend alot of time injured...
" If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driven_Phinsane

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #8

• ONole1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Shane
LaCanfora might be an "insider" but not when it comes to Miami and Saint Louis...LOL He was also saying the Fisher to Miami was a done deal...LOL

Like I said before I wasn't sure how I felt about Long coming back...now I don't have to worry about it, move on.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wulf, Driven_Phinsane

Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #9

Just glad that's out of the way. Have fun with those 9ers and Hawks twice a year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ONole1, Wulf

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #10

• ONole1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Shane
gulfcoast74 wrote:
Just glad that's out of the way. Have fun with those 9ers and Hawks twice a year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactlly...it was all about money for Jake, we should take that as a good thing, maybe ne knows his body is breaking down and trying to cash in one last time...good luck.

Albert Einstein

Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #11

It sucks to lose #1 over all pick. But we will be better in the Long run.

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #12

ONole1 wrote:
gulfcoast74 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactlly...it was all about money for Jake, we should take that as a good thing, maybe ne knows his body is breaking down and trying to cash in one last time...good luck.

I agree with this to a certain extent..but i think in addition to the money (which is always the bottom-liner) that Big Jake got his little feelings hurt,, he obviously thinks in his mind that he's still the best in the business and he expected the Fins to beg him to come back, match any offer & welcome him home with open arms..Didn't happen, pride hurt, time to move on!

Btw, IMO Irelands firm refusal to get into a bidding war over a guy he clearly wanted back is yet another score for him in FA! Good job!!

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #13

gulfcoast74 wrote:

I look at as a good thing,, kind of removes the last of the Parcells-era bad taste out of our mouth's..We're a brand new team with a whole new attitude & direction moving forward! Future's so bright we gotta wear shades!!!

Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #14

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
gulfcoast74 wrote:

I look at as a good thing,, kind of removes the last of the Parcells-era bad taste out of our mouth's..We're a brand new team with a whole new attitude & direction moving forward! Future's so bright we gotta wear shades!!!

AMEN

Re: Long to re-sign with Miami within the next 24 hrs? 1 year, 9 months ago #15

• ONole1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Shane
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
ONole1 wrote:
gulfcoast74 wrote:

I agree with this to a certain extent..but i think in addition to the money (which is always the bottom-liner) that Big Jake got his little feelings hurt,, he obviously thinks in his mind that he's still the best in the business and he expected the Fins to beg him to come back, match any offer & welcome him home with open arms..Didn't happen, pride hurt, time to move on!

Btw, IMO Irelands firm refusal to get into a bidding war over a guy he clearly wanted back is yet another score for him in FA! Good job!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point

Albert Einstein
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds