Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them?

Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #1

For me, I was never "Star Struck" in picking my favorite player. I always looked to the guys who went above and beyond their talent, players like Zack, Welker, Bess, and "Little Jimmy Wilson."

I guess my thinking is that guys like Marino, Ricky, and JT have enough Phans, and the other guys who leave it all out on the field deserve a bit of attention.

Opinions?

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #2

I wouldn't call me "star struck" but the guys that were my favorite players on the Dolphins were Dan Marino, then Jason Taylor and then Reggie Bush. In my opinion these guys became my favorite players because they were playmakers, with great work ethics, and were role models both on and off the field.
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #3

You only have to look at my avatar to know who my favorite Fin is. Zach just kept to himself and let his play do the talking and he brought it each and every game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbeach, DaytonaDolfan

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #4

DolphinsFreak wrote:
I wouldn't call me "star struck" but the guys that were my favorite players on the Dolphins were Dan Marino, then Jason Taylor and then Reggie Bush. In my opinion these guys became my favorite players because they were playmakers, with great work ethics, and were role models both on and off the field.

GREAT choices. I just take the road less traveled.

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #5

CAfinfan wrote:
You only have to look at my avatar to know who my favorite Fin is. Zach just kept to himself and let his play do the talking and he brought it each and every game.

I think Zach as an all-time favorite ranks right up there with every Fins fan,, not sure we've ever seen another do so much with so little. As far as heart & desire go, wish we had 53 just like him!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Driven_Phinsane.

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #6

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
CAfinfan wrote:

I think Zach as an all-time favorite ranks right up there with every Fins fan,, not sure we've ever seen another do so much with so little. As far as heart & desire go, wish we had 53 just like him!

I agree. Zach was one of the most respected Dolphins players of all time. IMO He was like the Dolphins version of "Rudy". I don't buy many Dolphins jersey's but my son has had a few and Thomas was one of them.
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #7

It'd be impossible to NOT root for ZT... Others who've been favorites of mine through the years were.
1. AJ Duhe, even if his only claim to fame was the dismantling of the jets "which it wasn't" it'd be enough.
2. John Offerdahl, great talent on a not so great D.
3. David Overstreet, watched him in college and saw glimpses of what could of been as a Phin....R.I.P.
4. Vern Denherder, great football name.
5. Crash Jensen, talk about leaving it ALL on the field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaytonaDolfan

Re: Favorite Phins Players- How To Pick Them? 1 year, 4 months ago #8

Phinagun wrote:
It'd be impossible to NOT root for ZT... Others who've been favorites of mine through the years were.
1. AJ Duhe, even if his only claim to fame was the dismantling of the jets "which it wasn't" it'd be enough.
2. John Offerdahl, great talent on a not so great D.
3. David Overstreet, watched him in college and saw glimpses of what could of been as a Phin....R.I.P.
4. Vern Denherder, great football name.
5. Crash Jensen, talk about leaving it ALL on the field.

Nice list Phin!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds