Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !!

WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #1

WHY WAS REGGIE BUSH BROUGHT INTO MIAMI? WHAT WERE THE REASONS FOR SIGNING REGGIE BUSH BECAUSE HE IS OBVIOUSLY THE HARDEST WORKING PLAYER ON THE TEAM, HE IS A ROLE MODEL BOTH ON AND OFF THE FIELD, HE IS A TEAM LEADER AND HE FAR EXCEEDED ANYONE'S EXPECTATIONS WHEN THE DOLPHINS DECIDED TO NOT SIGN DEANGELO WILLIAMS OR AHMAD BRADSHAW.

THE NUMBERS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!

Reggie Bush With The Dolphins "TWO YEARS "

31 Games Played
243 Rushing Attempts
2,072 Yards Rushing
12 Touchdowns Rushing
3 Touchdowns Receiving

Reggie Bush With The Saints " FIVE YEARS "

60 Games Played
524 Rushing Attempts
2,090 Yards Rushing
17 Touchdowns Rushing
12 Touchdowns Receiving
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #2

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
AMEN!!! Plus he's a handsome guy hehehe.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #3

Our front office has been wooped 1 way or the other with either overpaying for guys we dont want or not being strong enough with free agents to come here with enticing them with the brinks truck. This is 1 of 2 things its either negotiating in the public eyes which we all know how our front office loves that, Or we really do have a strong backfield and need to give our young studs the ball more in which its a numbers game. I am all for signing Bush if its a team friendly cap # but if he is asking for $5M + a season no thnx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: workingman, Dolphin North

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #4

BadA..Fishy wrote:
Our front office has been wooped 1 way or the other with either overpaying for guys we dont want or not being strong enough with free agents to come here with enticing them with the brinks truck. This is 1 of 2 things its either negotiating in the public eyes which we all know how our front office loves that, Or we really do have a strong backfield and need to give our young studs the ball more in which its a numbers game. I am all for signing Bush if its a team friendly cap # but if he is asking for $5M + a season no thnx.

Well, let's reverse the clock back a couple years shall we.

What exactly do you think our "front office" was thinking when they signed Reggie Bush, who was coming off a season with the Saints where he only played 8 games and rushed for 150 yards, to a 6 Million Dollar contract? Did the front office think that Reggie Bush's 150 yard season was worthy of a 6 million dollar a year salary but they do not think that a 1,000 rusher isn't worth 5 million??

Sorry, bro, this just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Does the Dolphins front office really want to bank on Lamar Miller and his 250 yard season and the future of this organization? Maybe it was Daniel Thomas' 325 yard season that really impressed them. I know some people may say that the "front office" wants to go "young" but I also have a problem with that too since Reggie Bush is only 27 years old. Maybe I am alone on my opinion of Reggie Bush but I think he is perfect for the West Coast Offense, but I have yet to see the Dolphins run the West Coast Offense yet. There is way more to the WCO then dink and dunk passes. If the Dolphins used Bush like the 49ers used Roger Craig his numbers would be staggering.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #5

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
Bush,, Jennings, Bess, Hartline, Tannehill , Fasano, with our young corp of playmakers sharing the load plus Rookie playmakers to get us over the top. I say Eifert, Williams or Patterson, a pass beast rusher and the rest is icing!
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by aquaaiea.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #6

• ONole1
  • NOW ONLINE
I like reggie and what he brings to the team in leadership an work ethic but the truth is he doesn't fit a ZBS. Reggie is NOT a one cut runner and they aren't going to pay him a lot to be a third down change of pace back. If they bring him back they will probably let him test the market to see what his value is first. As a fan we forget this is a business.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: hndrkyabong34, workingman, cuchulainn

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #7

I did not say get rid of Bush, I said at our # I want him. Miller played sparringly while he learned the NFL game & when he got chances he took them and showed everyone why he was drafted. If it wasnt for injury this guy was a 1st or 2nd rounder for sure. He is a 1 cut runner with a burst that rivals Bush. He has good hands and his only knock has been in pass coverage which it seems they have been teaching him from what he has said in the media. With Bush out there it hampers his maturation into the game. And for Thomas before he got injured he looked pretty good also, he did have a couple drops which need to be cleaned up and he didnt look the same after returning but his 2nd year in this offense should be a step up also. This looks to me just a general run of the mill negotiating in the media tactic trying to drum up some fandom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cuchulainn

WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #8

Let Reggie walk. We need a power back that can break through the D line and consistently do it every game. Reggie is not that guy.
Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.
(Larry Csonka)
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by hndrkyabong34.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #9

It's embarrassing.. WHat are they doing??? Ignoring the guy and just hope he goes away??? This is what you do with players that played good??? This why other players don't want to play here... Your a real good player and worth the going higher rate for that position and the Dolphins low ball... Would they prefer players that don't give there all and get the low pay??? I don't understand... Keep the faith Reggie, you should be looking to get a fair deal elsewhere...

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #10

Good teams know when to let an aging vet and go with the young guy. I also like Bush but we have Miller and they are allot alike. If the young guy can get it done as well or better why would we spend more on the old guy? This is one of the few places we can let the vet go and have a young guy ready to step in.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #11

CAfinfan wrote:
Good teams know when to let an aging vet and go with the young guy. I also like Bush but we have Miller and they are allot alike. If the young guy can get it done as well or better why would we spend more on the old guy? This is one of the few places we can let the vet go and have a young guy ready to step in.

Daniel Thomas is 25 year old and Reggie Bush is 27 years old. Bush is NOT old! Thomas has been injury prone while Bush has proved that he can be an every down running back while rushing for an average of 1,000 per season for the Dolphins. If Ireland wants to bank on Lamar Miller being the Dolphins feature running back, I think he should put his job on Miller's back and if he doesn't rush for 1,000 yards he should pack his bags. The Miami Dolphins have become the turnstile of the NFL.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #12

DolphinsFreak wrote:
BadA..Fishy wrote:

What exactly do you think our "front office" was thinking when they signed Reggie Bush, who was coming off a season with the Saints where he only played 8 games and rushed for 150 yards, to a 6 Million Dollar contract? Did the front office think that Reggie Bush's 150 yard season was worthy of a 6 million dollar a year salary but they do not think that a 1,000 rusher isn't worth 5 million??

Does the Dolphins front office really want to bank on Lamar Miller and his 250 yard season and the future of this organization? Maybe it was Daniel Thomas' 325 yard season that really impressed them. I know some people may say that the "front office" wants to go "young" but I also have a problem with that too since Reggie Bush is only 27 years old. Maybe I am alone on my opinion of Reggie Bush but I think he is perfect for the West Coast Offense, but I have yet to see the Dolphins run the West Coast Offense yet. There is way more to the WCO then dink and dunk passes. If the Dolphins used Bush like the 49ers used Roger Craig his numbers would be staggering.

Banking on Miller, yes. But remember Jonas Gray is still here, and is said to be looking like he has recovered. If they kept him around through his injury, they must like him. So you have Miller and Gray, and Thomas will probably kick around another year if only because his contract is right. Or if they see a viable way to replace Thomas this year it will be done. ie: if the right FA becomes available. But Thomas should not be here long term IMO.
If we want a winner, we have to stop looking at what players in their late 20's have done and start looking at what they will do. Reggie is at the age where you have to expect this to be his contract where he will decline. He has played well for us, but at 29, let's let another team pay for what he has done here and be stuck with at he decline. Meanwhile we can draft another young one for cheaper and probably get as much as Reggie will provide at ages 29 - early 30's.

I have his jersey and I love the guy, but it's the right move to thank him and move on.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Dolphin North.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hndrkyabong34, DaytonaDolfan, BadA..Fishy

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #13

Dolphin North wrote:
DolphinsFreak wrote:
BadA..Fishy wrote:

Banking on Miller, yes. But remember Jonas Gray is still here, and is said to be looking like he has recovered. If they kept him around through his injury, they must like him. So you have Miller and Gray, and Thomas will probably kick around another year if only because his contract is right. Or if they see a viable way to replace Thomas this year it will be done. ie: if the right FA becomes available. But Thomas should not be here long term IMO.
If we want a winner, we have to stop looking at what players in their late 20's have done and start looking at what they will do. Reggie is at the age where you have to expect this to be his contract where he will decline. He has played well for us, but at 29, let's let another team pay for what he has done here and be stuck with at he decline. Meanwhile we can draft another young one for cheaper and probably get as much as Reggie will provide at ages 29 - early 30's.

I have his jersey and I love the guy, but it's the right move to thank him and move on.

Reggie Bush is only 27 year old. Most NFL experts think that an NFL player is in his prime and at his best when he is 28 years old. Bush will turn 28 next month.

If I were the GM on the Miami Dolphins who was allegedly on the hot seat I would not be putting all my stock into a REACH at QB in Tannehill and then two injury prone running backs instead of a proven commodity. However, I don't have incriminating photo's of Ross either, so my thinking would be different.

Daniel Thomas hasn't done anything that I have seen that would lead me to believe he is the future every down back of the Miami Dolphins. Lamar Miller showed some flashes last season, but again, I wouldn't put my job on the line by going with these two RB"s as my starting running back tandem. Then when you add Jonas Gray into the mix, you have two injury prone RB's and Miller. So, basically Ireland is putting is job on the line, as well as the future of the Dolphins on Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller. Jonas Gray had one good year in college and that

If Miller and Gray can play in the NFL like they did in college during the 2011 season, the Dolphins will be looking great at the running back position. I just don't understand why the Dolphins brought Bush into Miami to begin with since he has exceeded everyone's expectations by a mile. He has done more in two years with the Dolphins than almost his entire career with the Saints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dolphin North

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #14

I agree with you on Daniel Thomas, he hasnt done much of anything since he got here but if you are talking about injury prone RB's you should add Bush to the list. Remember he's only played 16 games one year out of his seven.

Like I said before I like Bush but if the younger cheaper guy can do the same or better than why pay more. If you have better talent on the bench why pay an aging vet? There is no way you pay Bush to have him sit on the bench.

Re: WE ARE CONFUSED, TOO, REGGIE !! 1 year, 8 months ago #15

CAfinfan wrote:
I agree with you on Daniel Thomas, he hasnt done much of anything since he got here but if you are talking about injury prone RB's you should add Bush to the list. Remember he's only played 16 games one year out of his seven.

Like I said before I like Bush but if the younger cheaper guy can do the same or better than why pay more. If you have better talent on the bench why pay an aging vet? There is no way you pay Bush to have him sit on the bench.

Reggie Bush played 16 games his rookie year and in the two years with the Dolphins he has only missed one game. In my opinion his "injury prone" days are a thing of the past. He was getting injured in New Orleans probably because of the way he runs, jumps, etc. coupled with the hard turf surface. That is why most RB's want to play on grass.

IF there was a younger, better running back sitting on the bench last year waiting to take Bush's place I would say let's let him walk and put the younger stud in. However I don't think there is anyone on the Dolphins bench who qualifies as Bush's replacement. I didn't see anything for either of the two RB's to think that they will be rushing for 1,000 yards this season. Bush almost did it two years in a row, with medicore QB's and a mediocre o-line.

My point here is kind of getting missed. Ireland signed Bush to this contract AFTER Bush came off his worst year ever. (150 yards) So, WHY was Reggie Bush signed by the Dolphins?!? He only Rushed for 150 yards for the Saints and then came into Miami and became something he has never been, an every down back who rushes for 1,000 yards. So, I would like to know why he was worth 6 Million after being injury prone and only rushing for 150 yards, but now that he is an every down back who rushes for 1,000 yards he suddenly isn't worth that money any more. It just doesn't makes sense to me.
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds