Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Titus Young??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Titus Young??

Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #1

I've been wondering if everyone's been following the whole Titus Young/Detroit Lions Soap Opera, and why his name wasn't brought up at all when he was recently released by the Lions. First off let me start off by saying that in no way am i suggesting that we should've put in a waiver claim for him (We would've been awarded him if we had, as the only team willing to take that risk was the Rams, and they were slotted after us) but i just wanted to point out how difficult a GM's role actually is...

Here we have Titus Young a very talented WR (I'm sure we ALL agree that we could use a handful of those!) A first round talent who dropped into the 2nd round just a couple of years ago b/c of character issues..He's a guy that many of us at the time were hoping we'd draft, only 23 y.o. & an explosive receiver with 4.3 speed (i'm sure we'd ALL agree that we could use one of those!!) After the Lions grew tired of his B.S., he was recently released..so we suddenly have a young quality WR with speed, a ton of issues and a super-high ceiling of potential, available for free (well, free as in no draft pick to acquire) Huge risk, Huge headache, & possible Huge reward for the team willing to take that risk...

So you say you want to be GM?? Had Ireland pulled the trigger and taken the risk on Young, and Young continues down his path of self-destruction..Everyone would be screaming how stupid Ireland was for taking a risk on a guy with such obvious flaws - Yet, if Young goes on to tear up the league & becomes a star, everyone will be screaming about how stupid Ireland was for not taking a chance on a kid who obviously has flaws but could be a potential star at a position we so desperately need help at..It's a LOSE-LOSE for Ireland...I'm just hoping Young doesn't blossom into a star...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Young
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #2

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
My friend with this you have to look at the pros and cons

Pro
Legit athlete...with amazing speed
2 more years on his rookie contract with a nice cap number of 800K

Cons
Locker room problem
late for meetings
Diva WR (stated he was just as good as megratron)

In my eyes, we need talent at WR, so yes i would have been one to bring him in. If he acts up we cut him, it's not like he has an unfriendly cap number...it's peanuts.

If he ooes smarten up, the reward was worth the risk

Woulda, coulda, shoulda now...he's signed with the Rams

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #3

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
He looks lie a Ram, anyway I was thinking the same thing with mixed emotions.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #4

Bahamas wrote:

Pro

Cons
Locker room problem
late for meetings

In my eyes, we need talent at WR, so yes i would have been one to bring him in. If he acts up we cut him, it's not like he has an unfriendly cap number...it's peanuts.

I hear what you're sayin' brov, but though i would've surely been tempted i think i still would've passed..I think this kid has serious mental problems (He was suspended from the Boise St. team for fighting a teammate, considered a huge character risk causing his draft stock to plummet, sucker-punched Louis Delmas and was booted off the Lions team for a while then kicked off the facility for good for conduct detrimental to the team; going as far as intentionally lining up during games at the wrong spot..He was subsequently released but not before stating he no longer wanted to play if he wasn't going to get the ball more..has also since stated that he feels he's better than Megatron!) and the damage he could cause to a fragile locker room and to the state of a young QB like Tannehill, might not be so easily brushed off by just cutting him; as the band Foreigner sings 'The Damage is Done!'

Anyway, it's neither here nor there since every team (other than the Rams passed) but just our differing views further magnifies what i'm talking about; a lose-lose proposition for any GM!...
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #5

• Dolfan1
Everything I've read leads me to believe this guy is a serious cancer to any team he is lucky enough to have pick him up. I'm glad it wasn't us. JMHO.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #6

its easy sign him to a contract with as little guaranteed as possible and tell him if hes late or causes any problems hes gone

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #7

evildolphin wrote:
its easy sign him to a contract with as little guaranteed as possible and tell him if hes late or causes any problems hes gone

Obviously 30 out of 31 GM's don't think it's quite as simple as that...

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #8

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
evildolphin wrote:

We dont know how many teams put in a waiver claim for him so we'll never know but he's a Ram now so its a moot point.

I will say the dude didnt give me a warm fuzzy with the way he lined up in the wrong formations and acted up. Not to mention he's totaly lost touch with reality if he thinks hes as good as Megatron. I dont think a reciever like that is good for a young QB.

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #9

CAfinfan wrote:
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
evildolphin wrote:

We dont know how many teams put in a waiver claim for him so we'll never know but he's a Ram now so its a moot point.

I will say the dude didnt give me a warm fuzzy with the way he lined up in the wrong formations and acted up. Not to mention he's totaly lost touch with reality if he thinks hes as good as Megatron. I dont think a reciever like that is good for a young QB.

It's been reported that no other team submitted a claim...
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05...-wanted-titus-young/

I agree as already stated with everything else you posted..the guy's delusional & i wouldn't have touched him with a 10 foot pole,, but as far as it being a moot point..Everything we discuss here is pretty much moot!
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Driven_Phinsane.

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #10

• Dolfan1
"It's been reported that no other team submitted a claim.."

Yeah, I read the Rams were the "Only Team" to put a claim in on him.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #11

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
Bahamas wrote:

Pro

Cons
Locker room problem
late for meetings

I hear what you're sayin' brov, but though i would've surely been tempted i think i still would've passed..I think this kid has serious mental problems (He was suspended from the Boise St. team for fighting a teammate, considered a huge character risk causing his draft stock to plummet, sucker-punched Louis Delmas and was booted off the Lions team for a while then kicked off the facility for good for conduct detrimental to the team; going as far as intentionally lining up during games at the wrong spot..He was subsequently released but not before stating he no longer wanted to play if he wasn't going to get the ball more..has also since stated that he feels he's better than Megatron!) and the damage he could cause to a fragile locker room and to the state of a young QB like Tannehill, might not be so easily brushed off by just cutting him; as the band Foreigner sings 'The Damage is Done!'

Anyway, it's neither here nor there since every team (other than the Rams passed) but just our differing views further magnifies what i'm talking about; a lose-lose proposition for any GM!...

thanks brov
i didn't know about his issues at Bosie State..sooner or later he is going to have a good year...how do i know that. His contract will expire soon, and he will be looking to get paid. So i believe for the next year or so he will shut up and just play.

If not, i doubt he gets a flyer from any team offering him $$

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #12

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
but as far as it being a moot point..Everything we discuss here is pretty much moot!

This is true

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #13

POISON.

Re: Titus Young?? 1 year, 6 months ago #14

Dolphin North wrote:
POISON.

With a Capital P..and some music accompaniment from Bell Biv Devoe!

• Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds