TOPIC: Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN

Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN 1 year, 5 months ago #1

Best available NFL free agents

An authentic front-office ranking of the 2013 class

Originally Published: February 5, 2013
By Bill Polian | ESPN Insider
Email
Print

USA TODAY SportsSteven Jackson and Joe Flacco rank among the best free agents. What about Dwayne Bowe?

With the 2012 season officially in the books, attention now turns to team plans for 2013. For NFL front offices, however, that process started long ago.

As early as Thanksgiving, general managers begin evaluating their projected rosters for the following season, studying the draft and free-agent classes to see how they can best augment their talent. By the time the Super Bowl rolls around, they already have a list of key offseason targets, particularly for free agency, which opens March 12.

Although the draft provides the nucleus of your starters in today's NFL, the majority of your roster still comes from free agency and the pro-scouting process. That said, there is almost always a risk in signing a free agent. That a player even reaches free agency is a warning sign on some level. If his team thought he was a truly valuable commodity, how come it hasn't already locked him up? But that can't -- and won't -- deter teams as they round out their rosters.

I'm certain that between now and then you'll see multiple lists ranking this year's free-agent class from No. 1 right on down the line. While I understand why those lists exist, it is not how a real NFL GM approaches free agency. There are several elements that make a comprehensive ranking moot. For starters, players have different values in different systems. A team that plays a lot of Cover 2 might not emphasize a cornerback the same as a blitz-heavy team such as the New York Jets. Dwight Freeney might be a great pickup for a team utilizing a Wide-9 scheme, although he makes less sense as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 set. And while Andy Levitre is a great player, how much does a team want to pay a guard? With all these variables unique to each team, there's no universal value for a player.

As a GM, when I approached free agency, I utilized a tier system based on how I valued players. It involved three classes, which you'll see below:

Free-agency tiers
A Players: Worth paying big, starter-caliber money.
B Players: Guys I would sign but only if the value made sense.
C Players: Guys I'd sign for low-salary, short-term (one or two years) value, with low bonuses.

Within each of those groups, there are further considerations, particularly injuries, age and character. The concern with injury is obvious, as that player might never recapture his previous level of performance or even see the field. Age is a concern for anyone older than 26 because a five-year contract would take the player past age 30, a precipice after which players usually decline rapidly. This is a concern for some positions more than others, however, and must account for how much a player has been used to that point. An every-down running back at age 26 might have less tread on his tires than a 28-year-old who has seen limited carries to this point.

Based on the information we have as of Feb. 4 and using my tier system, what follows is a 35,000-foot view of the free-agent landscape based on player performance, positional scarcity and the overall market for certain players. In short, these names are my best available free agents for 2013.

As teams make additional cuts, there likely will be new names added to the mix before March 12. For now, we're working with the players normally scheduled to reach unrestricted free agency. Where applicable, I've indicated any concerns I have due to age, injury or character. They are grouped first by tier, then by position. Appearing higher within a certain tier does not mean a player is more valuable than those below him.

Note:

INJURY CONCERN =

AGE CONCERN =

Statistics are inclusive of postseason where applicable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier A: Offense | Defense | Special Teams
Tier B: Offense (notables) | Defense (notables) | Special Teams
Remaining B's | Tier C

Re: Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN 1 year, 5 months ago #2

Tier A: Offense

A

Joe Flacco

DOB: 1/16/85

HT: 6-6

WT: 245

POS: QB

2012 TEAM: Baltimore

Att 657

Comp 390

Yds 4,957

TD 33

INT 10

QBR 55.3

Player Analysis

I would assume he will be franchised or reach a long-term agreement with the Ravens. He definitely deserves top-tier money, however; he has proved that much. Flacco is streaky, but when he's on, he can win for you. This past postseason has shown exactly that.

A

Steven Jackson

DOB: 7/22/83

HT: 6-2

WT: 240

POS: RB

2012 TEAM: St. Louis

Att 257

Yds 1,042

Avg 4.1

Long 22

Fum 0

TD 4

Player Analysis

For running backs, seven seasons is about the time when tread runs out on their tires. Jackson has been in the league for nine, but I think he's the best back no one really celebrates. His age and service time are a concern but he's a warrior and a guy you want on your team. If the price is right, a contender could get him for two to three years and feel pretty good about it. I think he could be a Corey Dillon-like find but without the baggage. He's a true blue guy.

A

Wes Welker

DOB: 5/1/81

HT: 5-9

WT: 185

POS: WR

2012 TEAM: New England

Rec 134

Yds 1,602

Avg 11.5

Long 59

TD 6

Player Analysis

He will be 32 at the start of the 2013 season and is a big age concern. How much money do you want invested in a player who is small, is not very fast and excels in New England's offense but doesn't have a lot of years in front of him? That's the question teams face with Welker. The Patriots didn't sign him long term, which should be an indicator of his value. Will they franchise him at $12 million? I don't know. Will he command more on the open market? I don't know. You can't deny he's a good player. It's his value that remains a question.

A

Mike Wallace

DOB: 8/1/86

HT: 6-0

WT: 199

2012 TEAM: Pittsburgh

Rec 64

Yds 836

Avg 13.1

Long 82

TD 8

Player Analysis

Wallace is a good route runner, has good instincts and typically has good hands, but he's small and you worry about injury. Inconsistency in the past also is a concern. Pittsburgh didn't reach a deal with him, which will make some teams wary, but this league is always looking for WRs with speed who can take the top off a defense -- and he can do that.

A

Martellus Bennett

DOB: 1/10/87

WT: 265

POS: TE

2012 TEAM: NY Giants

Rec 55

Yds 626

Avg 11.4

Long 33

TD 5

Player Analysis

Bennett is young, but to date he has never really lived up to his potential. He has great speed, above average hands and good size to be a good blocker, but he doesn't play consistently. He's one of those free-agent gambles who might or might not pay off.

A

Jared Cook

DOB: 4/7/87

HT: 6-5

WT: 248

2012 TEAM: Tennessee

Rec 44

Yds 523

Avg 11.9

Long 61

TD 4

Player Analysis

I think there's a lot of upside for Cook, but he has not played to the level of an A player just yet. Still, I think he'll command some money based on his potential. He is more consistent than Bennett and had a better year in 2013, but I'm always a little skeptical of players who come on in a contract year. There's a chance he could be franchised.

A

Greg Jones

DOB: 5/9/81

HT: 6-1

WT: 265

POS: FB

2012 TEAM: Jacksonville

Att 5

Yds 8

Avg 1.6

Long 4

Fum 0

TD 0

Player Analysis

Even at age 31, Jones is a good player and adds value because of his toughness and work ethic. If he's affordable, he's a guy I want on my football team. Of course the questions are: Can he pass a physical? And is he affordable? He is one of the few FBs who can carry the ball and do it well.

A

Andy Levitre

DOB: 5/15/86

WT: 305

POS: G

2012 TEAM: Buffalo

GP 16

GS 16

Player Analysis

Levitre is a very solid, professional, strong, offensive guard. While he has the talent, his position might limit the money he'll see.

A

Ryan Clady

DOB: 9/6/86

WT: 315

POS: T

2012 TEAM: Denver

GP 16

GS 16

Player Analysis

His shoulder injury might be a concern, but he has been solid for the Broncos since he was a rookie. Tackles such as Clady command big money, and he will, too … assuming his shoulder is OK.

A

Sebastian Vollmer

DOB: 7/10/84

HT: 6-8

WT: 320

GP 15

GS 15

Player Analysis

Pass protection is his strong suit. He has pretty good feet and long arms, and moves well. He has had some injury concerns, but he came to football late in life (relatively speaking), so there might be some latent upside. It would be worth sinking some money into him, assuming he's got a clean bill of health.

A

Jermon Bushrod

DOB: 8/19/84

WT: 315

2012 TEAM: New Orleans

GP 16

GS 16

Player Analysis

He's big and powerful, but Bushrod is not a great pass protector and his feet are a concern. His size and length help him some, though. As an all-around guy, he's a fit. A long-term deal should still provide decent value for a team.

A

Gosder Cherilus

DOB: 6/28/84

HT: 6-7

WT: 325

2012 TEAM: Detroit

GP 16

GS 15

Player Analysis

Solid, but nothing spectacular, Cherilus has no glaring deficiencies. Solid tackles are hard to come by, but with lots of linemen in the draft, it might drive down the money for linemen in this free-agent class. GMs know that, and it will be reflected in their offers. I put him with the A's because he's been a reasonably good starter for a time.

A

Jake Long

DOB: 5/9/85

WT: 319

2012 TEAM: Miami

GP 12

GS 12

Player Analysis

His reputation will make him an A player, but he is an injury and age concern to me. He is turning only 28 to start next season, but he already has played 74 games, making a long-term deal a risk. He's missed time the past two seasons as well. Someone will pay him, though.

A

Branden Albert

DOB: 11/4/84

WT: 316

2012 TEAM: Kansas City

GP 16

GS 16

Player Analysis

He's a high draft choice who has disappointed at tackle for Kansas City. There has been some talk about him moving to guard, which is where I see him fitting best and which will affect the offers he receives. I tend to slot him more as a B player, but certain teams get enamored by size and he's certainly got that (6-foot-5, 316 pounds), so there probably will be a market for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier A: Defense

A

Henry Melton

DOB: 10/11/86

HT: 6-3

WT: 295

POS: DT

2012 TEAM: Chicago

Tkl 43

Solo 31

Sack 6.0

FF 2

Player Analysis

Melton is a converted college FB who became a great 3-technique player in a Dungy Tampa 2 defense. The trouble is, he fits only that defense and that seriously limits his market. That said, if you're going to play that scheme, this position is of critical importance.

A

Randy Starks

DOB: 12/14/83

Tkl 27

Solo 18

Sack 4.5

FF 0

Player Analysis

He's older, but he could be effective as an inside, space-eating 3-4 or power 4-3 kind of tackle. He had a very good year with Miami. This type of player is hard to find, so I imagine he'll have a market.

A

Anthony Spencer

DOB: 1/23/84

WT: 250

POS: DE

2012 TEAM: Dallas

Tkl 95

Solo 55

Sack 11.0

FF 2

Player Analysis

He played OLB in Dallas' 3-4 scheme, but I think he's more of a 4-3 end. He is an outstanding pass-rusher. As I mentioned earlier, I'm normally wary of players having good seasons in contract years, but putting him at OLB doesn't allow him to do what he does best, which is rush upfield. And I see upside for him in a 4-3 scheme.

A

Cliff Avril

DOB: 4/8/86

WT: 260

Tkl 35

Solo 28

Sack 9.5

FF 2

Player Analysis

Avril is an outside rusher who is not particualrly stout against the run, but pass-rushers are always in demand. I see low-A money in his future, but not right on the mark. He's a talented player and young (27 in 2013 season).

A

Dwight Freeney

DOB: 2/19/80

WT: 268

2012 TEAM: Indianapolis

Tkl 12

Solo 10

Sack 5.0

FF 1

Player Analysis

As you'd imagine I'm rather familiar with him. I see Freeney as a fit in a Wide-9 scheme or as a 4-3 DE. I believe he still has a lot of talent, but age is definitely a concern.

A

Michael Johnson

DOB: 2/7/87

WT: 270

2012 TEAM: Cincinnati

Tkl 54

Solo 36

Sack 11.5

FF 0

Player Analysis

Great size and production (11.5 sacks) make him an ideal target for teams in the market for a pass-rusher.

A

Paul Kruger

DOB: 2/15/86

HT: 6-4

WT: 270

POS: LB

Tkl 56

Solo 39

Sack 13.5

FF 2

Player Analysis

An outside pass-rusher, Kruger can play OLB or DE. He is coming off his rookie contract and really came into his own this season. He's become a very efficient pass-rusher, and there is a market for a player like that.

A

Rey Maualuga

DOB: 1/20/87

WT: 268

2012 TEAM: Cincinnati

Tkl 122

Solo 62

Sack 1.0

FF 0

Player Analysis

He's had off-field issues, although none recently. I think free agency will really benefit him because he's more of a B player, but he is a starter in Cincy and could be a solid starter elsewhere. There aren't a lot of interior LBs on the market, so I think he'll command A money.

A

Brent Grimes

DOB: 7/19/83

HT: 5-10

WT: 183

POS: CB

2012 TEAM: Atlanta

Tkl 6

Solo 6

Sack 0

FF 0

INT 0

Player Analysis

Solid young player, but injury concern (Achilles) might reduce his value. He's a starting-caliber corner if he answers his health question.

A

Cary Williams

DOB: 12/23/84

WT: 190

Tkl 102

Solo 88

Sack 1.0

FF 0

INT 6

Player Analysis

Williams is a very good man-to-man corner who stepped in for Lardarius Webb and outpaced expectations with the Ravens. He's probably low A, but because of his good year, I think he'll be able to cash in and get A-level money.

A

William Moore

DOB: 5/18/85

WT: 221

POS: S

2012 TEAM: Atlanta

Tkl 86

Solo 63

Sack 1.0

FF 2

INT 4

Player Analysis

Moore is not a spectacular player, but he could start for most teams in the league. He's a good all-around type, solid in all phases of the game.

A

Jairus Byrd

DOB: 10/7/86

WT: 203

2012 TEAM: Buffalo

Tkl 76

Solo 53

Sack 0

FF 4

INT 5

Player Analysis

Timed speed is a question mark, but instincts, toughness and production are not.

A

Louis Delmas

DOB: 4/12/87

HT: 5-11

WT: 202

Tkl 38

Solo 28

Sack 0

FF 0

INT 1

Player Analysis

Delmas has good range and good instincts, and is very tough. He battled a knee injury all season, but I see him as a very interesting safety. His position might not command a big-money deal, however.

A

Ed Reed

DOB: 9/11/78

WT: 205

Tkl 73

Solo 53

Sack 0

FF 0

INT 5

Player Analysis

For years, Reed has been the best safety in the NFL, unconventional as he might be. His instincts are unparalleled, but age is a concern at this stage of the game, and I'm not sure whether there's a long-term deal out there for him. He probably will go back to Baltimore, but I've seen some rumors mention New England. That's a possibility. He is on the down side of his career but still is a great player and a Hall of Famer. Could he have value as a tutor for younger players? Sure, but no one plays the position like Reed does. He's one of the smartest and most unconventional safeties I've seen, and I don't think anyone could emulate him.

A

LaRon Landry

DOB: 10/14/84

WT: 220

2012 TEAM: NY Jets

Tkl 99

Solo 75

Sack 0

FF 4

INT 2

Player Analysis

Landry had a good year for a bad team. He's a striker, a big hitter. While he is a little older, he's still a pretty serviceable player. We're closer to B territory now, but for a team looking for a safety, he could do a good job.

A

Glover Quin

DOB: 1/15/86

WT: 207

2012 TEAM: Houston

Tkl 84

Solo 64

Sack 1.0

FF 2

INT 2

Player Analysis

Just an athletic, tough safety. If you want a safety to play man, cover ground, and go up and play in the nickel on the line of scrimmage, this is a guy who does all of that well. I think he has more value to Houston than to another team, so I think the Texans will do what they can to sign him. Within the role he plays, he's very good.

Tier A: Special Teams

A

Dustin Colquitt

DOB: 5/6/82

WT: 210

POS: P

Punts 83

Avg 46.8

Long 71

TB 7

In20 45

Player Analysis

If you're in the market for a punter, there are good ones on the market. People don't really chase punters, but Colquitt is one who can flip the field, and that bears mentioning.

A

Shane Lechler

DOB: 8/7/76

WT: 230

2012 TEAM: Oakland

Punts 81

Avg 47.2

Long 68

TB 9

In20 21

Player Analysis

Lechler is an incredibly gifted punter. He can flip the field seemingly whenever he wants and manipulate the ball to his bidding. I'd rank him slightly ahead of Colquitt, but both are talented. How much do you want to pay for a punter? That will depend on the team. But he's a weapon.

A

Pat McAfee

DOB: 5/2/87

WT: 220

Punts 73

Avg 48.2

Long 64

TB 8

In20 26

Player Analysis

He is a B as a punter, but he also is a good kickoff guy and can be a kicker, so there's value in that versatility as you manage a limited roster. Indianapolis might pay him if the Colts believe he can replace Adam Vinatieri eventually. He's not the punter Lechler or Colquitt is, but just a notch below. He has become better directionally than in the past.

Re: Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN 1 year, 5 months ago #3

Tier B: Offense (notables)

As I mentioned above, the B players are guys worth pursuing only if you can get them at a good value. A lot of these players might surprise you because there are some big names in this group. For those, I've detailed some of the reasons keeping them out of A territory. I've also provided some detail on players I think could be particularly appealing in this tier. The remainder are grouped into the chart below.

B

Derek Anderson

DOB: 6/15/83

WT: 230

2012 TEAM: Carolina

Att 4

Comp 4

Yds 58

TD 0

INT 0

QBR 91.6

Player Analysis

Teams without a quarterback probably will consider him. He has proved to be relatively reliable over the course of his career. As a backup he's ideal, but if the price is right, you ought to think about him as a starter.

B

Drew Stanton

DOB: 5/7/84

WT: 243

Att 0

Comp 0

Yds 0

TD 0

INT 0

QBR N/A

Player Analysis

Stanton certainly warrants consideration as a backup and might even have starting ability, but he does not have the body of work Anderson does. He's an interesting prospect.

B

Felix Jones

DOB: 5/8/87

WT: 215

2012 TEAM: Dallas

Att 111

Yds 402

Avg 3.6

Long 22

Fum 1

TD 3

Player Analysis

You'll recognize the name, but 2012 was just the second time in his five-year career he's played 16 games.

B

Javon Ringer

DOB: 2/2/87

HT: 5-9

WT: 213

Att 2

Yds 14

Avg 7.0

Long 9

Fum 0

TD 0

Player Analysis

Ringer is a good short-yardage and goal-line runner. He's coming off a serious knee injury, which worries me, but he's a solid player. I see him as a No. 2 back in a San Francisco-style attack. In Indianapolis, we needed and wanted someone like him.

B

Reggie Bush

DOB: 3/2/85

WT: 203

Att 227

Yds 986

Avg 4.3

Long 65

Fum 4

TD 6

Player Analysis

He's a name, but at this stage in his career, he's a third-down guy.

B

Greg Jennings

DOB: 9/21/83

WT: 198

2012 TEAM: Green Bay

Rec 46

Yds 481

Avg 10.4

Long 45

TD 5

Player Analysis

Jennings will be a big name, but this is the classic question mark: How much do you pay a guy who will turn 30 at the start of the 2013 season and is coming off of two injury-plagued seasons?

B

Dwayne Bowe

DOB: 9/21/84

WT: 221

Rec 59

Yds 801

Avg 13.6

Long 47

TD 3

Player Analysis

Bowe is certain to be one of the names all the gurus will be talking about, but he has inconsistent hands. The QB situation in Kansas City doesn't affect him that much; you have to catch the ball when it's thrown to you. Bowe will intrigue some people, and others will shy away.

B

Danny Amendola

DOB: 11/2/85

WT: 188

2012 TEAM: St. Louis

Rec 63

Yds 666

Avg 10.6

Long 56

TD 3

Player Analysis

He's coming off injury, but I see him as a younger Wes Welker. He's a good possession receiver.

B

Austin Collie

DOB: 11/11/85

WT: 204

Rec 1

Yds 6

Avg 6.0

Long 6

TD 0

Player Analysis

Injuries are the concern, particularly the concussions. That will be reflected in the amount of money he gets. If you're willing to gamble a little on the health questions and he can put it behind him, Collie is a very solid slot receiver -- smart, tough and resourceful.

B

Josh Cribbs

DOB: 6/9/83

WT: 215

2012 TEAM: Cleveland

Rec 7

Yds 63

Avg 9.0

Long 24

TD 0

Player Analysis

At this stage, Cribbs is a return man only, and his age will drive the price and longevity of term down.

B

Anthony Fasano

DOB: 4/20/84

HT: 6-4

WT: 255

Rec 41

Yds 332

Avg 8.1

Long 22

TD 5

Player Analysis

Receiving and speed aren't his strong suits, but he can block. As a solid, all-around guy, he'll get the job done.

B

Delanie Walker

DOB: 8/12/84

WT: 242

2012 TEAM: San Fran

Rec 26

Yds 429

Avg 16.5

Long 45

TD 3

Player Analysis

He's a valuable role player. He can catch the ball, block, even play a little fullback. At the right price, he's a good addition to a contending team. He's reliable.

B

Gary Barnidge

DOB: 9/22/85

WT: 250

Rec 6

Yds 78

Avg 13.0

Long 24

TD 1

Player Analysis

Built with a long body, he catches pretty well and has been pretty reliable. He won't be a big-money guy, but he'll probably be a pretty good addition to a team.

Tier B: Defense (notables)

B

Kevin Vickerson

DOB: 1/8/83

WT: 290

2012 TEAM: Denver

Tkl 40

Solo 28

Sack 2.0

FF 1

Player Analysis

Age is a concern, but he plays awfully well. Defensive tackles tend to play a little longer than most positions, though, so the risk isn't as big as with other positions.

B

Terrance Knighton

DOB: 7/4/86

WT: 330

2012 TEAM: Jacksonville

Tkl 32

Solo 20

Sack 2.0

FF 2

Player Analysis

His lack of consistent effort and conditioning is a concern.

B

Sen'Derrick Marks

DOB: 2/23/87

WT: 294

Tkl 41

Solo 30

Sack 2.0

FF 1

Player Analysis

An interior pass-rusher and pretty good at it, Marks will be sought after. He has gotten better against the run over the years as well. For teams with a need at defensive tackle, he fits the bill.

B

Ricky Jean Francois

DOB: 6/23/87

WT: 295

2012 TEAM: San Fran

Tkl 24

Solo 13

Sack 2.0

FF 0

Player Analysis

Another player I've seen improve year over year, he can play all three 3-4 defensive line positions, although he probably is better suited to play a 3-4 end. A solid player, he is young and has shown he can develop.

B

Glenn Dorsey

DOB: 8/1/85

WT: 297

Tkl 7

Solo 4

Sack 0

FF 0

Player Analysis

Dorsey has never played to the level of his draft position, but his big name will command attention.

B

Mike DeVito

DOB: 6/10/84

2012 TEAM: NY Jets

Tkl 52

Solo 27

Sack 1.0

FF 2

Player Analysis

He's a hard-playing run-defender, and teams that play the 3-4 will take a look at him as a valuable role player.

B

Justin Durant

DOB: 9/20/85

Tkl 103

Solo 82

Sack 0.5

FF 0

Player Analysis

Durant is still young, with upside. Depending on the value of the deal, he could make for a good pickup. Some might see him as an A.

B

Philip Wheeler

DOB: 12/12/84

2012 TEAM: Oakland

Tkl 109

Solo 78

Sack 3.0

FF 2

Player Analysis

Wheeler had a good year in Oakland in 2012. His best position is SAM LB, which is not a big-demand position. But he can run, hit and blitz. He's gotten better every year.

B

Erik Walden

DOB: 12/12/84

2012 TEAM: Green Bay

Tkl 46

Solo 27

Sack 3.0

FF 0

Player Analysis

He's an up-and-coming guy. He flies around the field and is tough. He's well suited to the 3-4, young and with upside. I don't see a big market, but nonetheless he's an asset.

B

Captain Munnerlyn

DOB: 4/10/88

HT: 5-8

WT: 190

Tkl 61

Solo 48

Sack 0

FF 0

INT 2

Player Analysis

He's a fit as a nickel CB who has good skills and insticnts. He can also contribute in the return game.

B

Patrick Chung

DOB: 8/19/87

Tkl 44

Solo 29

Sack 0

FF 0

INT 2

Player Analysis

He has a big name and talent, but he's an injury concern.

Tier B: Special Teams

B

Rob Bironas

DOB: 1/29/78

POS: K

FGM 25

FGA 31

LNG 53

XPM 35

XPA 35

Player Analysis

Bironas is old but still a good kicker.

B

Lawrence Tynes

DOB: 5/3/78

WT: 194

POS: K

2012 TEAM: NY Giants

FGM 33

FGA 39

LNG 50

XPM 46

XPA 46

Player Analysis

He gets points for handling the winds of the Meadowlands and for his experience in clutch situations.

Re: Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN 1 year, 5 months ago #4

Remaining B's

Remaining B free agents

Player

Position

DOB

2012 team

Concerns

Matt Moore

QB

8/9/84

Miami

--

Danny Woodhead

RB

1/25/85

New England

--

Shonn Greene

RB

8/21/85

NY Jets

--

Brandon Tate

WR

10/5/87

Cincinnati

--

Donnie Avery

WR

6/12/84

Indianapolis

--

Devery Henderson

WR

3/26/82

New Orleans

--

Darius Reynaud

WR

12/29/84

Tennessee

--

Brandon Gibson

WR

8/13/87

St. Louis

--

Dustin Keller

TE

9/25/84

NY Jets

Injury

Cameron Morrah

TE

3/18/87

Seattle

Injury

Kevin Boothe

OG

7/5/83

NY Giants

--

Brandon Moore

OG

6/3/80

NY Jets

--

Sam Baker

OT

5/30/85

Atlanta

--

Dwan Edwards

OT

5/16/81

Carolina

--

Andre Smith

OT

1/25/87

Cincinnati

--

Will Beatty

OT

3/2/85

NY Giants

--

Issac Sopoaga

NT

9/4/81

San Fran

Jason Jones

DT

5/23/86

Seattle

--

Lawrence Sidbury

DE

2/6/86

Atlanta

--

Israel Idonije

DE

11/17/80

Chicago

Robert Geathers

DE

8/11/83

Cincinnati

--

Manny Lawson

LB

7/3/84

Cincinnati

--

Shaun Phillips

LB

5/13/81

San Diego

--

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

CB

4/7/86

Philadelphia

--

Leodis McKelvin

DB

9/1/85

Buffalo

Injury

Tracy Porter

CB

8/11/86

Denver

Injury

Kenny Phillips

S

11/24/86

NY Giants

--

Tier C

Now we're into roster filler territory. That isn't to say these players won't contribute and can't provide value, but they aren't going to command a long-term commitment nor a particularly big salary.

Tier C free agents

Player

Position

DOB

2012 team

Concerns

Michael Adams

CB

6/17/85

Arizona

--

Nick Eason

DE

5/29/80

Arizona

--

Rashad Johnson

S

1/2/86

Arizona

--

James Sanders

S

11/11/83

Arizona

--

James Ihedigbo

S

12/3/83

Baltimore

-

Ma'ake Kemoeatu

NT

1/10/79

Baltimore

Injury

Bryant McKinnie

OT

9/23/79

Baltimore

Injury

Tashard Choice

RB

11/20/84

Buffalo

--

Jordan Senn

LB

6/11/84

Carolina

--

Kelvin Hayden

CB

7/23/83

Chicago

Injury/Age

Bruce Gradkowski

QB

1/27/83

Cincinnati

--

Brian Leonard

RB

2/3/84

Cincinnati

--

Mike Nugent

K

3/2/82

Cincinnati

--

Phil Dawson

K

1/23/75

Cleveland

Kaluka Maiava

LB

12/27/86

Cleveland

Injury

Mohamed Massaquoi

WR

11/24/86

Cleveland

--

Juqua Parker

DE

5/15/78

Cleveland

Ben Watson

TE

12/18/80

Cleveland

--

Jacob Hester

RB

5/8/85

Denver

--

Dan Koppen

C

9/12/79

Denver

Jim Leonhard

S

10/27/82

Denver

Injury/Age

Kevin Smith

RB

12/17/86

Detroit

Injury

Derek Landri

DT

9/21/83

Philadelphia

Injury/Age

Re: Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN 1 year, 5 months ago #5

This was the best I could do pasting from ESPN Insider..Pictures etc. did not show along with some names Well at least you got some info...Hawk

Re: Bill Polian rates the FA's via ESPN 1 year, 5 months ago #6

michael johnson or moving paul kruger to de would be a nice. wallace while keeping hartline. carry williams as a 1st cb
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds