Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat

Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #1

www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/30...ns-allowed-safeties/

This is a new signature stat from PFF which shows how safeties rank in giving up TD's and first downs on the snaps they play. Chris Clemons is #1, with Jones at #6.

This should get Bahamas fingers a typing. LOL

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #2

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
brov you are not telling me that you are in favor of re-signing him are you?

Saw this one mock draft, where we are taking this kid from Texas....Haven't heard or watched any game tape on him. I made a mistake in my analysis on Jones, but he is a game changer...we shore up the other half.

A few nice FS that might be avaliable..would love it if Ed Reed came home for a 3 year contract, but i think he will end up in NE.

Goldson will most likely be tagged, so we there goes the two top. Byrd is another player i like, but i think he will be tagged as well.

I like Delmas out of college, but i wouldnt trust anyone on Dtown's shaky secondary.

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #3

Clemons ranked so high because he was never close enough to a WR for anyone to assume it was his coverage..

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #4

idahomer wrote:
Clemons ranked so high because he was never close enough to a WR for anyone to assume it was his coverage..

LOL! Funny stuff!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #5

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
Lets be honest for a second.

of the 8 teams that made the playoffs...

Do you honestly think Clemons would have started for any of those team? or be a special teams player?

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #6

• ONole1
Overall according to PFF Clemons ranked #24 among safties. Clemons does some good things but he is not a difference maker and while I'd be fine with bringing him back the position needs to be upgraded in the next year or two. His biggest contribution is he doesn't give up the big play and that does have value within itself.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #7

ONole1 wrote:
Overall according to PFF Clemons ranked #24 among safties. Clemons does some good things but he is not a difference maker and while I'd be fine with bringing him back the position needs to be upgraded in the next year or two. His biggest contribution is he doesn't give up the big play and that does have value within itself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, he was #23 in coverage, #10 vs the run, and bad in pass rush. He had a good year. His grades were above average but, not by a lot. His rank shows that there are many safeties playing who are not that good. I would like to keep him. Too many other positions to worry about.

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #8

Southbeach wrote:
ONole1 wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, he was #23 in coverage, #10 vs the run, and bad in pass rush. He had a good year. His grades were above average but, not by a lot. His rank shows that there are many safeties playing who are not that good. I would like to keep him. Too many other positions to worry about.

I agree with both you & Shane on this; while far from great, Clemons showed marked improvement from the previous year (Guess it would've been hard not to, as the year before he was awful!) It's obvious we could use a substantial upgrade at the position but i don't see it happening this year (Unless Buffalo is stupid enough to let Byrd go,, then i'm all in!)
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #9

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
I understand what you Gents are saying...but there really is nothing that stikes out in Clemons games except his speed.

Truth be told, he wouldn't be starting for a 49er team...or a Ravens team...or even a NE team and they have are lacking play makers in their secondary.

Why should we employ Clemons for another medicore season? He has been paired with Jones since, Jones was drafted...yes they are familiar with eachother, but that doesnt mean they are great together.

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #10

• ONole1
Bahamas wrote:
I understand what you Gents are saying...but there really is nothing that stikes out in Clemons games except his speed.

Truth be told, he wouldn't be starting for a 49er team...or a Ravens team...or even a NE team and they have are lacking play makers in their secondary.

Why should we employ Clemons for another medicore season? He has been paired with Jones since, Jones was drafted...yes they are familiar with eachother, but that doesnt mean they are great together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two words

Gibril Wilson...LOL

Brov, we need and upgrade and while Clemons plays sound he has no instincs for the game. IF they can upgrade then by all means do it, but see my two words it could be worse.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #11

ONole1 wrote:
Bahamas wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two words

Gibril Wilson...LOL

Brov, we need and upgrade and while Clemons plays sound he has no instincs for the game. <strong>IF</strong> they can upgrade then by all means do it, but see my two words it could be worse.

LOL! No doubt!!!

We could always find ourselves filing another one under 'Be careful what you wish for!'

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #12

Bahamas wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year was the first they were together, and in a new system. Did you forget about Bell?

We have big questions at both CB positions, depending on Smith. We have big questions at DT, depending on Starks. Odrick cannot play both DT's on pass plays. We have big questions at DE for a second pass rusher. That's just on D.

Add in a WR or two, an OT, depending on Long, a TE or two, depending on Fasano, and maybe at OG.

I wish all we had to worry about was an above average safety.

Re: Chris Clemons- #1 Safety Stat 1 year, 6 months ago #13

• Bahamas
  • Veteran
Clemons played with Jones on 2nd team scrimmages and paired with him a few times during Bell time off (injury or just rest)

Yes, it is a new system, but how much longer can we wait. I still say we should go after perhap a second tier player...LaRon Laundry comes to mind, as he played well last year on a bad team. Perhaps somoe healthy competition would be great for everyone.

I agree with our needs list, we have plenty. But this is passing league now, and we need shore up our last line of defence.
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds