Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson

Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson 1 year, 2 months ago #1

They both reportedly helped themselves a lot this week at the Senior Bowl. Eric Fisher is now projected to go as high as #11 to the Chargers. Lane Johnson is now projected to be a late first round pick. We know we need o-line help especially if we let Jake Long walk.. Would you take Fisher were he to still be there at #12? If we trade down would you take Lane Johnson? I know we need playmakers but we also need o-line help.

Re: Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson 1 year, 2 months ago #2

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
Lane has been with better competition plus he is supposedly very athletic!!! I think receivers being more a dime a dozen but Shut down corners are a premium that If banks is there I'm all in!
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson 1 year, 2 months ago #3

First, my opinion is that Fisher does not make it to #12. Both AZ at 7 and SD at 11 need OT. He is showing very well at Senior Bowl practices and shooting up daft boards... That said. If available, I would have no complaints with taking Fisher. I know others are going to say something about taking playmakers early in the draft. Ya, ya. I think it is best to look for good value in the draft. Fisher would be good value at 12. There is not likely to be a CB worth the 12 pick (Milliner gone). Also, both the WR and CB classes are pretty deep and we should be able to find a good prospects at these positions into round 3 or 4. DE makes some sense at 12 but I feel like the DE prospects (e.g. Ansah, Jordan) need a little more work than Fisher thus are not as good a value.

It's a little hard to say with Johnson. Depends on who else is available in late first round. I do get the feeling Johnson is going to be drafted earlier than he should. Instead of Johnson in the late first, I might wait until the second round and look at guys like Aboushi, Pugh, Long, and Thomas
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds