TOPIC: Dolphins Coaching Staff

Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #1

Dave Wannstedt - FIRED by the Bills

Cam Cameron - FIRED by the Raves MID-SEASON

Tony Sparano - FIRED by the Jets

Norv Turner - FIRED by the Chargers

Chan Gailey - FIRED by the Bills

Jim Bates - Un-employed
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #2

who knew that the jets and bills took so many of our leftovers...

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #3

It's an example of why so many Dolphins fans are angry. This list of misfits is big reason why the Dolphins haven't done anything since Shula retired. I am really hoping that Philbin, Ireland and co can turn this thing around this offseason.

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #4

• randy
  • Sophomore
it seems like the same recycle garbage of white coaches gets hired every time in the NFL without any black coaches getting a shot even though the majority of players are black. hmmm wonder why no one in themedia is picking up on this.

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #5

randy wrote:
it seems like the same recycle garbage of white coaches gets hired every time in the NFL without any black coaches getting a shot even though the majority of players are black. hmmm wonder why no one in themedia is picking up on this.

If the majority of players are "black" then the league should step in and do something about this. They should have a rule in place that there are an equal amount of "white players" as there are "black players". I think that is only fair, don't you? Did the statement you just read seem as ridiculous to you as it did to me? Well, that is the same logic behind hiring a coach because of the color of his skin. Anyone in the NFL, from the players to the coaches to the refs should ALL be hired based on TALENT, not skin color. If anyone thinks differently than this I would have to lean towards the fact that they might be a racist. Sorry, this is just an opinion but I believe all positions mentioned should be filled by the most talented at their job, not because they have people crying and picketing about things being unfair. Hard work does pay off and since the president of the United States is an African-American, it's time for some people to burn their race cards because they have been played way too much. It's time to earn your job, it shouldn't be given to anybody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dolfan1

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #6

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
The tide has turned! With this Coaching Staff and even with Ireland, Wanny got in because of who he knew, JJ was not committed, Cam was in over his head, Saban had a bigger Ego than he could produce, Sparty looked the part, all other coaches that turned us down was because they don't want to face Brady 2 times a year! Philbin is the guy that you want in battle because he is proving to be the ice in vein chess master of the game plan . He's organizational skills and eye for detail will reap many accolades in the near future!!
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #7

I agree with you, Aqua. I think Philbin has the potential to be a great NFL coach. I don't think his name will ever be on the list in the original thread. I do believe that Sherman might end up on this list if he doesn't cut Tannehill loose and open up our offense. But, as far as Philbin is concerned, I think he can take the Dolphins to the next level with the right talent in place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaytonaDolfan

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #8

DolphinsFreak wrote:
I agree with you, Aqua. I think Philbin has the potential to be a great NFL coach. I don't think his name will ever be on the list in the original thread. I do believe that Sherman might end up on this list if he doesn't cut Tannehill loose and open up our offense. But, as far as Philbin is concerned, I think he can take the Dolphins to the next level with the right talent in place.

It obviously remains to be seen what we have in Philbin (May or may not be 'The Guy') but we may have a big problem on our hands if Sherman ends up not being the answer @ OC. The familiarity and closeness between JP & Sherman that seemed to make the move so natural in the first place may end up biting us in the ass,, as it would be extremely difficult for Philbin to let Sherman go...
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #9

How does everyone feel about Sherman? Do you like the job he has done so far? Are you comfortable with his son-in-law being the Dolphins QB coach?

I really like Philbin but these two guys have giant question marks to me. JMO

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #10

DolphinsFreak wrote:
How does everyone feel about Sherman? Do you like the job he has done so far? Are you comfortable with his son-in-law being the Dolphins QB coach?

Sherman has a pretty good track record as far as his offensive prowess goes..of course this doesn't have nothing to do with nothing in this 'What have you done for me lately' league..I wasn't overly impressed with him in his first year but realize that for the most part this team was seriously hampered by a lack of playmakers & a lack of personnel to run the scheme they'd like to consistently run..for that reason he gets a first year pass in my book. With some (hopefully anyway) added playmakers, he better open it up a lot more next year!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #11

• Dolfan1
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
DolphinsFreak wrote:

Sherman has a pretty good track record as far as his offensive prowess goes..of course this doesn't have nothing to do with nothing in this 'What have you done for me lately' league..I wasn't overly impressed with him in his first year but realize that for the most part this team was seriously hampered by a lack of playmakers & a lack of personnel to run the scheme they'd like to consistently run..for that reason he gets a first year pass in my book. With some (hopefully anyway) added playmakers, he better open it up a lot more next year!

===========================================================================================
Totally agree with this, hard to judge someone when they pretty much had one arm tied behind their back.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation
The following user(s) said Thank You: gulfcoast74

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #12

DF, Good to see ya back, hope all is well.

My jury is still out on all coaches. I do like a lot of what I see, and my dislikes could have a lot to do with the transition in schemes and personnel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cuchulainn

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #13

Southbeach wrote:
DF, Good to see ya back, hope all is well.

My jury is still out on all coaches. I do like a lot of what I see, and my dislikes could have a lot to do with the transition in schemes and personnel.

Agreed. Didn't like all of Shermans decisions and calls this seasons, but understand that we had 3 to 4 rookies in the game on O at times (Tannehill, Martin, Miller, Matthews) and a lot of guys learning new schemes, as well as guys who just weren't getting "it" and made a number of mistakes in assignments and routes.

We will have a better basis to decide next season when the team has had another year to study the playbook and practice.
---------
Slainte!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbeach

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #14

I agree with you guys to some degree. It is hard to open up the offense when your rookie QB keeps overthrowing or underthrowing his receivers. I am not a fan of the dink and dunk game plan and I hope Tannehill gains the confidence to be able to put the ball where he wants it and stop worrying about throwing an interception. I think once Tannehill gains the confidence he needs to play in the NFL that playbook will be opened up and with a more talented squad, after free agency and the draft, that should not be a problem next season. I am trying to be optimistic about this offseason and hope they finally make a huge splash in the few months.

Re: Dolphins Coaching Staff 1 year, 7 months ago #15

DolphinsFreak wrote:
I agree with you guys to some degree. It is hard to open up the offense when your rookie QB keeps overthrowing or underthrowing his receivers. I am not a fan of the dink and dunk game plan and I hope Tannehill gains the confidence to be able to put the ball where he wants it and stop worrying about throwing an interception. I think once Tannehill gains the confidence he needs to play in the NFL that playbook will be opened up and with a more talented squad, after free agency and the draft, that should not be a problem next season. I am trying to be optimistic about this offseason and hope they finally make a huge splash in the few months.

Tannehill was among the QBs with the least amount of time with the ball in his hands before getting rid of it with 2.4 seconds. His receivers did not gain instant separation and needed time to get open. This is why we must address WR in FA and before the 3rd round in April.

Underthrows are usually due to being under duress, or not setting up correctly - or being able to set up correctly. Tannehill was noticeably more accurate once the brace came off the knee in Dec from the Oct injury. Again, he typically had 2.4 seconds on average before the ball had to be out. Contrast that with fellow rookie, Wilson, who averaged 4.4 seconds and a much better WR and TE corp.

For the over throws, he was putting the ball down the field to a spot that his receivers - and only his receivers - could run under it or make a play on it. Unfortunately, Bess has no speed and Hartline, while faster than Bess and possessing smarts and good hands, isn't a burner either.

Tannehill didn't throw it out of the back of the end zone, or under throw it for defenders to make plays on. I was impressed that he was dropping it into a bucket where a guy with 4.3 - 4.4 speed would have been able to get it. Bess and Hartline weren't those guys.

Also, even Payton lamented how it takes a while to develop chemistry and an understanding of where a receiver is going to be and how long it takes him to get there. Hartline was out most of last TC and pre-season with sickness and injury. He and Tannehill had to try and sync in season. Takes time and repetition... All said, I think we will see more of the deep passes being strikes going forward.
---------
Slainte!
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds