Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans!

miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #1

I am phin fan because when I was young miami was on the top,on tv,in superbowls.
I know fans for the steelers & raiders that are younger than me and that's why they are fans of those teams.
many became fans during the marino years.
If miami wants fans for the future they better get some positive press coverage and get on tv and superbowls so the young and up coming football fans will become miami fans,or all the miami fans will die off with the last of our generation to go!
although I plan on living forever,so a miami fan forever haha!

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #2

They will turn it around. Im not old enough to remember a sb win but from a very young age mg phins were always pretty good. Knock the last 10 years off its been a struggle but we had a great organization with the only perfect season and hope that the future will show change.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #3

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
I converted my 18 year old Son because of my love for the team (raiders was his first). It was after 2008 when we won and told him to join the force cause raiders will forever suck. dolphins have not shown enough to change him from a Fan to a Phinatic so I'm still crossing my fingers.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #4

aquaaiea wrote:
I converted my 18 year old Son because of my love for the team (raiders was his first). It was after 2008 when we won and told him to join the force cause raiders will forever suck. dolphins have not shown enough to change him from a Fan to a Phinatic so I'm still crossing my fingers.

I converted just about my whole family ,including nephews and nieces.
it happened because I have been a diehard miami fan for so many years it's rubbed off on them.
2 nephews live in florida,one went miami u.
I'm stuck in buffalo country.

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #5

phinfanfrom70s wrote:
I am phin fan because when I was young miami was on the top,on tv,in superbowls.
I know fans for the steelers & raiders that are younger than me and that's why they are fans of those teams.
many became fans during the marino years.
If miami wants fans for the future they better get some positive press coverage and get on tv and superbowls so the young and up coming football fans will become miami fans,or all the miami fans will die off with the last of our generation to go!
although I plan on living forever,so a miami fan forever haha!

-----------------

EXCELLENT TOPIC!

Being a fan for me was easy. I have told the story on other threads, but I was a child in the right place at the right time. My Uncle bought us season tickets every year until he died in the early 70's. Shame I was too young to really appreciate it.

Agree Marino brought many fans to the team. Unless you are born into it or follow the team based on geographics (the home team), there is no reason to pick Miami over any of the other 31 teams.

Unfortunately, everyone loves a winner and until they win the fan base will suffer.

Of course IMO the ultimate solution is for the team to go public. Selling shares to the public "should" create instant fans!

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #6

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
Your a Good Ambassador for the Team Phinphan70s!
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by aquaaiea.

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #7

One more thing.

The Fin Fans I have the most respect for are people Like Aqua and Doll. They have enjoyed little to no success and are maybe even too young to see Marino in his prime. They just love the team and have faith in the future.

Salute to all of you!

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #8

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
Fins4ever wrote:
One more thing.

The Fin Fans I have the most respect for are people Like Aqua and Doll. They have enjoyed little to no success and are maybe even too young to see Marino in his prime. They just love the team and have faith in the future.

Salute to all of you!

Thanx Fins, I was 13 when Marino first wore 13 for the Dolphins!

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #9

aquaaiea wrote:

If he was a Raiders fan, he must have low standards so that's an easy conversion even during our worst run in team history.

Lucky for me, my son was 4 during 1-15 and guess which game he sat down with me to watch for the first time ever. He was watching the last quarter with us trying to give away our 14th of the season to a beat up Ravens team. We went to overtime and Camarillio caught his "15 minutes of fame" catch to win in OT. It was like winning the SB because of the tremendous burden of not being the first team to go 0-16, knowing this was probably the last winnable game for us that year. I picked my boy up and ran all around the house with him over my head, and both of us yelling "Touchdown!" and tackling his mother. Then his grandmother came home with a bunch of Dolphins stuff from the States that spring and he said "Yay! I love the Dolphins!".

He's 9 now and I will admit, at times it has been hard to convince him that we will get better, but he seems to be loyal to a fault, much like myself. So there's one young fan formed and I think he'll stick. The degree to which he becomes passionate about football in general may depend on us getting competitive soon.

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 4 months ago #10

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
Dolphin North wrote:
aquaaiea wrote:

If he was a Raiders fan, he must have low standards so that's an easy conversion even during our worst run in team history.

Lucky for me, my son was 4 during 1-15 and guess which game he sat down with me to watch for the first time ever. He was watching the last quarter with us trying to give away our 14th of the season to a beat up Ravens team. We went to overtime and Camarillio caught his "15 minutes of fame" catch to win in OT. It was like winning the SB because of the tremendous burden of not being the first team to go 0-16, knowing this was probably the last winnable game for us that year. I picked my boy up and ran all around the house with him over my head, and both of us yelling "Touchdown!" and tackling his mother. Then his grandmother came home with a bunch of Dolphins stuff from the States that spring and he said "Yay! I love the Dolphins!".

He's 9 now and I will admit, at times it has been hard to convince him that we will get better, but he seems to be loyal to a fault, much like myself. So there's one young fan formed and I think he'll stick. The degree to which he becomes passionate about football in general may depend on us getting competitive soon.

Now that's what memories and Father/Sons are made of!

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 3 months ago #11

aquaaiea wrote:
Fins4ever wrote:
One more thing.

Salute to all of you!

hah i was a LOT younger than 13 when Marino played! my dad tried to get me to switch to Steelers in my childhood.. I'm the only child of his who is not a Steelers fan! But somehow, it never felt natural to root for another team. guess its in my blood (or inked on my body)

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 3 months ago #12

dollphan00 wrote:
aquaaiea wrote:
Fins4ever wrote:
One more thing.

Salute to all of you!

hah i was a LOT younger than 13 when Marino played! my dad tried to get me to switch to Steelers in my childhood.. I'm the only child of his who is not a Steelers fan! But somehow, it never felt natural to root for another team. guess its in my blood (or inked on my body)

It's to bad your dads team couldn't help out the Dolphins last week...

Re: miami needs to win for future crazy phinfans! 1 year, 3 months ago #13

Hey Sterling Sharpe is picking Dolphins over Pats...

This is a good article on NFL.com, Miami big players in free agent market...

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118524/...eagent-market-player
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds