Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end?

Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #1

As you all know, it was a question flamed during the off season. Full disclosure, I was one of the flamers. lol Really?

Well, many said if we had a losing season he was gone. We are having a losing season. RT is struggling. Now I want to see what he can do next year. Is that next year too late for Ireland. Jake Long. He had a say in it. Long is breaking down. Not a positive for Ireland since Matt Ryan turned out to be good and is still playing not getting injured. I know Parcells, but I think this still a stain on his record partially.

So without flaming, if possible lol. Do you think Ireland is gone? Will he be forced to walk the plank if Henne beats the Fins? Is that the nail in th coffin?

You decide.

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #2

Yes, possible. Maybe 50/50 right now. Just my opinion, if he gets fired it has less to do with competence and more to do with impatience. Last offseason the organization went through big changes. First year out, we don't make the playoffs. Shocker? Yet, Ross might get an itchy trigger finger and need to make a move.

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #3

hawkfinfan wrote:
As you all know, it was a question flamed during the off season. Full disclosure, I was one of the flamers. lol Really?

Well, many said if we had a losing season he was gone. We are having a losing season. RT is struggling. Now I want to see what he can do next year. Is that next year too late for Ireland. Jake Long. He had a say in it. Long is breaking down. Not a positive for Ireland since Matt Ryan turned out to be good and is still playing not getting injured. I know Parcells, but I think this still a stain on his record partially.

So without flaming, if possible lol. Do you think Ireland is gone? Will he be forced to walk the plank if Henne beats the Fins? Is that the nail in th coffin?

You decide.

------------------

Only Ross knows and maybe he doesn't even know. lol

Don't recall anyone saying he should be fired for a losing season with a rook HC, rook QB and many new players. Most expected 3 to 5 wins. Some not even that.

Certainly not logical to compare Long to Ryan. It could have as easily been Ryan who was riddled with injuries.

I am not totally sold on JI and agree he has made some bad moves and some bad non moves. He has also had some grand slams. Personally, I don't want to see any more change for at least a year. Like someone else said, if you keep changing all the time you won't accomplish nothing. We need stability. It would be a Godsend if we could go one lousy year (just 365 days) without a vocal minority screaming for somebody's head. Besides, I think after last year's draft he should get 1 more year and then we will see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: idahomer

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #4

hawkfinfan wrote:

You decide.

I don't think he is gone. The only way he is gone IMO is if Philbin wants him gone and goes to Ross to pitch someone else. I think Ireland's none moves (i.e. Flynn, Orton), and some of his draft picks now excelling - Pouncey, R. Jones. Some of his picks that are young and playing well - Martin, Hartline, Clemons, Tannehill.. And potential stars - Miller, Vernon, Randall, Shelby. Will be enough to give him another draft and FA to improve the team.

Despite the tease we got, I seriously doubt anyone in the FO and Coaching staff behind closed doors expected to dominate anyone this season. I'm sure they all expected this team to have growing pains, new coaches, new offense, young players, rookie QB.. In public they say all the right things about competing and winning, but I'd be shocked if they thought they were a playoff team with this roster.

Again - if Philbin says get him out I think Ross pulls the trigger - I just don't think Philbin will push that issue as he seems to be on the same page with Ireland from what I've seen and heard.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by idahomer.

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #5

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
I also say he is safe THIS year only. He has 2 high picks extra on account of him so if he picks wrong, meaning no impact right away next year than its back to Dallas as a Scout Engineer.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #6

• MrPaul
  • Veteran
If he isnt gone,we are in deep deep trouble.
We are routinely mentioned in sports talk and writers lists of teams that are losing their fanbase.
And we're doing it by losing our games.It's hurting the owner in the wallet.
We've fired everybody else.
And this team was HORRIFICLY put together.
If he isnt fired,there is no justice on this earth.

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #7

• Dolfan1
"some of his draft picks now excelling - Pouncey, R. Jones."

Sorry Homer, you must be wrong about these two guys, just ask Paul.
Just to stay on Point, I have no idea if JI will be fired or not. Either way, I'm fine with it.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Dolfan1.

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #8

MrPaul wrote:
We are routinely mentioned in sports talk and writers lists of teams that are losing their fanbase.

So you want to blow it all up and start over Paul? New GM usually means new coach.. New coach means new offensive and defensive coordinators.. New coordinators mean new schemes.. New schemes means new players.. New players means no cohesiveness or ability to master what they've spent the last 10 months learning.. No cohesiveness means very few wins.. Very few wins means fan base depletes even more.. Fan base depleting even more means talk of new GM.. Talk of new GM means... Well I think you see the patern here as it's one we should be used to over the past decade of being a Dolphins fan.

So for our sake and the sake of this team finally getting back to winning ways I hope you are wrong.. Just like you are about Pouncey being an inconsistant center, and Jones being a back up safety.

I will say you were right about AJ Feeley though.. So at least you occasionally hit on a winner.. lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: workingman

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #9

• ONole1
As I said I really think the Jacksonville game is vital to Ireland. A loss in front of a half empty stadium could force Ross to make a change. I think Ross would like to keep Ireland but he could feel the pressure and feel he has to do something to try and pull the fanbase back I am not saying that's the best thing to do, just saying it could be a desperation move.

I could care less either way. I have liked some of the things he has done and I haven't liked some of the things he is done. It will be the same way with the next GM as well. If I have to predict I think Ireland is back next year.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dolfan1

Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #10

idahomer wrote:
MrPaul wrote:

So you want to blow it all up and start over Paul? New GM usually means new coach.. New coach means new offensive and defensive coordinators.. New coordinators mean new schemes.. New schemes means new players.. New players means no cohesiveness or ability to master what they've spent the last 10 months learning.. No cohesiveness means very few wins.. Very few wins means fan base depletes even more.. Fan base depleting even more means talk of new GM.. Talk of new GM means... Well I think you see the patern here as it's one we should be used to over the past decade of being a Dolphins fan.

So for our sake and the sake of this team finally getting back to winning ways I hope you are wrong.. Just like you are about Pouncey being an inconsistant center, and Jones being a back up safety.

I will say you were right about AJ Feeley though.. So at least you occasionally hit on a winner.. lol

--------------------

??????????????????
Wait I thought Paul was president of the AJ Feeley fan club!

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #11

• Dolfan1
"I will say you were right about AJ Feeley though.. So at least you occasionally hit on a winner."

You throw shit against the wall enough, some of it is bound to stick.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #12

• Seadog
  • Veteran
Nope, he like a stray cat you feed once, he ain't going nowhere...

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #13

• MrPaul
  • Veteran
idahomer wrote:
MrPaul wrote:

Not really,mind Ireland should have hit the bricks after last season. The coach and his staff should be allowed to stay as a caveat with the job,the owner has a say in that. And usually when you fire a coach and his staff you can the GM,Turner and Smith are going off the plank together in SD and Reid and his yesman in Philly too.
And,I was right about Pigpen,Herringbone,Spieldork,Mount Vernon,No Man Can He Cover,Trent Whatsmynameagain?etc etc etc

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #14

I am totally burned out on this subject. I would like him to be gone only if we have a proven candidate to replace him - something none of us know.

A part of me wants to see him back for at least next season for 2 primary reasons: 1, to see if he can put it all together and we are able to have a successful FA, draft, and winning season, and 2, he keeps the heat off and vitriol off of Philbin, who some are already questioning, along with RT.
---------
Slainte!

Re: Is Ireland going to be fired at seasons end? 1 year, 10 months ago #15

ONole1 wrote:
As I said I really think the Jacksonville game is vital to Ireland. A loss in front of a half empty stadium could force Ross to make a change.

If a team falls to a really bad team in an empty stadium..does it make a noise??
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds