Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

This years draft.......
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: This years draft.......

This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #1

Just a though and I could be wrong, but it seems like this is a weak draft year. At least compared to last year. Let me know what you think.

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #2

• ONole1
It's not a bad draft at all, just might not be the top end talent but a lot of talent out there in the first four rounds.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #3

ONole1 wrote:
It's not a bad draft at all, just might not be the top end talent but a lot of talent out there in the first four rounds.

That's what i was thinking,, no Andrew Luck type players, but loads of really good talent in the top few rounds..Seems like just the type of draft a team like us (with so many needs & 2 2nds & 2 3rds) needs!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #4

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
ONole1 wrote:

That's what i was thinking,, no Andrew Luck type players, but loads of really good talent in the top few rounds..Seems like just the type of draft a team like us (with so many needs & 2 2nds & 2 3rds) needs!

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! You mean we might catch a break in the Draft?

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #5

DaytonaDolfan wrote:
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
ONole1 wrote:

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! You mean we might catch a break in the Draft?

Well-l-l,, you still have that simple matter of pickin' 'em!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #6

Being realistic, what 7-10 guys would you lose your mind if the Dolphins drafted them....

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #7

hawkfinfan wrote:
Just a though and I could be wrong, but it seems like this is a weak draft year. At least compared to last year. Let me know what you think.

I have heard from a guy who watches a LOT of college and Dolphins football, that finally this is a draft that lines up well with our needs. He did say it is crummy for TE's, but otherwise, he seemed optimistic. This is one of 2 guys who I really really respect above all else that I read, on all matters football, especially the draft. So if he is optimistic, I am encouraged.

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #8

Yeah, but is JI or whoever is the GM going to pick smart??? Let see I remember years back we had an option to get Brees and they selected undersized CB Jamar Fletcher... Then one year they select with their first pick (I believe in the 2nd round) LB Eddie Moore (WTF) (still scratching my head on that pick) Then good old Mr Ted Ginn (bad pick in 1st round by far) They need to hit on these picks in next years draft and fill the positions of need...

Re: This years draft....... 1 year, 11 months ago #9

Dolphman wrote:
Yeah, but is JI or whoever is the GM going to pick smart??? Let see I remember years back we had an option to get Brees and they selected undersized CB Jamar Fletcher... Then one year they select with their first pick (I believe in the 2nd round) LB Eddie Moore (WTF) (still scratching my head on that pick) Then good old Mr Ted Ginn (bad pick in 1st round by far) They need to hit on these picks in next years draft and fill the positions of need...

Well, Thank God Wanny is gone and then Cam Cam. With Ireland, everyone seems to rememebr his bad moves, and there were plenty. But most GM's have plenty of bad moves on their resume. We have to also remember he did find Jake Long (duh - first pick and an easy call at the time) as was Pouncey. He brought in Hartline, Wake (did he find Bess as well or was it somebody else?). He brought in Starks, and a few others as well. I'm not convinced yet, but I'm really interested now that we have some coaching and are rebuilding for real and have some picks to work with. These next 2 drafts are going to be very different IMO. I'm also interested in how he uses the extra picks to move around. Will he set us up for the next draft by trading down a couple of times?
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Dolphin North.
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds