Username Password: Remember me

Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres

Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #1

• Wulf
  • Veteran
"The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed Plaxico Burress to help address their growing void at wide receiver, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter:
Burress has remained a free agent since his contract with the New York Jets expired after last season. The Steelers came calling because they couldn’t afford to wait any longer to address the issue after watching a couple wideouts go down in recent weeks.

Antonio Brown is battling an ankle injury that forced him to miss Sunday’s high-profile matchup with the Baltimore Ravens. And, in that game, veteran Jerricho Cotchery was forced to exit with a rib injury after a big hit from Bernard Pollard.

With their statuses up in the air, Pittsburgh decided to bring back Burress to provide some insurance behind Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders. He was drafted by the team with the eighth overall pick back in 2000."

WHEN DO WE GET SOMEBODY TO STRETCH THE FIELD? Hartline has the speed, but we're not throwing the ball deep, allowing the defenses to stack the box. With our OL unable to open lanes, the running game is dead...
“He can take his'n and beat your'n
and take your'n and beat his'n”
― The late Bum Philips (about Don Shula)

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #2

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098412/...hurts-ryan-tannehill

Burress could of helped us in many way's...Good enough for the Steelers but not for the Dolphins??
Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.
(Larry Csonka)
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by hndrkyabong34.

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #3

Attitude gets him no chance with Philbin. Looks like definate draft build. Hope we hit on them ( praying ).

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #4

• ONole1
Plax does not stretch the field anymore. He is a redzone target now, and that's it.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #5

ONole1 wrote:
Plax does not stretch the field anymore. He is a redzone target now, and that's it.

I think he's got enough left that he could've really helped us when we were actually competing and people were starting to take notice of us..

Tanny could've really used a veteran presence like Plax both in the red zone and as a bigger target when trying to move the chains..Now that we're all but mathematically out of the picture, signing him would've made no sense..
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #6

• ONole1
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
ONole1 wrote:

I think he's got enough left that he could've really helped us when we were actually competing and people were starting to take notice of us..

Tanny could've really used a veteran presence like Plax both in the red zone and as a bigger target when trying to move the chains..Now that we're all but mathematically out of the picture, signing him would've made no sense..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't argue that, but there were 31 other teams that could have done the same thing and didn't for a reason. Pittsburg is doing it out of desperation. All their receivers are under 6ft and they don't have Big Ben for a few weeks that can make plays with his legs.
A person starts to live when he can live outside himself

Albert Einstein

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #7

ONole1 wrote:
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
ONole1 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't argue that, but there were 31 other teams that could have done the same thing and didn't for a reason. Pittsburg is doing it out of desperation. All their receivers are under 6ft and they don't have Big Ben for a few weeks that can make plays with his legs.

Good point...I have to say that i would've been okay signing him at the start of the season but i was just as okay with us not signing him.
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #8

hawkfinfan wrote:
Attitude gets him no chance with Philbin. Looks like definate draft build. Hope we hit on them ( praying ).

At least we are trying to build through the draft now...finally!

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #9

Chad Johnson must be beginning to sweat. He is the last guy left.

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Sign WR Plaxico Burres 1 year, 11 months ago #10

I want to see more of Moore!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hndrkyabong34
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds