Phinaticmultibanner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

CB Stanford Routt anyone??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CB Stanford Routt anyone??

CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #1

Anyone think we should be interested in CB Stanford Routt??, former 2nd rd. pick of the Oakland Raiders with 12 career interceptions. The Chiefs starting CB was recently let go..I don't know too much about him but seems like we could use any help at CB that we can get!

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07...-the-chiefs-cut-him/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_Routt
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #2

I wonder if the guy's name alone would keep us from going after him,, afterall this past Sundays game made me feel like we were back in college with Luck picking us apart in another Stanford rout!!
'LIFE' is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wulf

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #3

• Dolfan1
Long as his name isn't Marshall, seems everyone we pick with that name disappears in a Dolphin Uniform.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #4

Dolfan1 wrote:
Long as his name isn't Marshall, seems everyone we pick with that name disappears in a Dolphin Uniform.

Both had issues with their backs; Richard with the pain in his back..Brandon with his quarter-backs!

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #5

• Dolfan1
LOL.
Now Residing in the State of Anticipation

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #6

Just got a text alert that the Dolphins put CB Richard Marshall on IR.. Clamed CB Brandon McDonald off waivers from the Buccaneers...

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #7

Dolphman wrote:
Just got a text alert that the Dolphins put CB Richard Marshall on IR.. Clamed CB Brandon McDonald off waivers from the Buccaneers...

Had a feeling they were gonna IR Marshall,, didn't seem like his back injury was getting any better..

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #8

Can he be worse then what we have?

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #9

Dolfan1 wrote:

---------------

Yeah, add the number 19 to the list too. lol

Seriously, I think we need a new doctor. We still have the same bum that told us to take Culpepper over Brees? I think so! Anyway, you don't sign a guy with back trouble.

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #10

Fins4ever wrote:
Dolfan1 wrote:

---------------

Yeah, add the number 19 to the list too. lol

Seriously, I think we need a new doctor. We still have the same bum that told us to take Culpepper over Brees? I think so! Anyway, you don't sign a guy with back trouble.

I just think you get what you pay for when you sign 'Blue-Light Special' guys like Marshall from the bargain-bin aisle,, he wasn't that good before he got hurt, and now he's done for the year (so, absolutely no return on our investment)

Now unfortunately with no other avenue open (trading deadline passed, no depth to promote within) we're relegated to sifting through the discard bin (throw-away's like the two CB's we just signed & Routt) Guys who offer way more questions than answers!

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #11

Driven_Phinsane wrote:
Dolfan1 wrote:

Both had issues with their backs; Richard with the pain in his back..Brandon with his quarter-backs!

-----------------

Let me guess.....You will be here all week. lol

Seriously, that was funny!

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #12

Fins4ever wrote:
Driven_Phinsane wrote:
Dolfan1 wrote:

-----------------

Let me guess.....You will be here all week. lol

Seriously, that was funny!

Yeah, i will be here ALL week..But sadly, it's only because i have nowhere else to go!!
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Driven_Phinsane.

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #13

We apparently are in contact with his rep. Also the lions & the cardinals have contacted also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #14

BadA..Fishy wrote:
We apparently are in contact with his rep. Also the lions & the cardinals have contacted also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's being reported that the Fins are no longer interested.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08...lphins-out-on-routt/
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Driven_Phinsane.

Re: CB Stanford Routt anyone?? 2 years ago #15

Routt was not good enough for the Raiders or Chiefs. I would pass on him.

I will always believe the best way to help the secondary is to improve the pass rush.
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds