Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

"FRANKENSTORM"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: "FRANKENSTORM"

"FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #1

www.nypost.com/p/news/local/frankenstorm...l2EHyXn6Up8CwV5dMItM

This "Perfect Storm" will not hit the NY/Jersey area on Sunday but will very likely affect the game. Everyone will know it's "Windy" with 30+ MPH. This really SUCKS, as it will negate most changes Philbin had from the bye.

The latest I've seen is that the first half should be much better than the second, as far as playing conditions. Cancels out my big bet, and we may be looking for "Run Reggie Run."

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #2

Southbeach wrote:
www.nypost.com/p/news/local/frankenstorm...l2EHyXn6Up8CwV5dMItM

This "Perfect Storm" will not hit the NY/Jersey area on Sunday but will very likely affect the game. Everyone will know it's "Windy" with 30+ MPH. This really SUCKS, as it will negate most changes Philbin had from the bye.

The latest I've seen is that the first half should be much better than the second, as far as playing conditions. Cancels out my big bet, and we may be looking for "Run Reggie Run."

----------------

Hey Joe,

I just read that it is now up to 75 mph which is not all that bad..what category. 1? As you know most of the damage comes when they just get over you and stop. When I was I FL. one of the worst was Charlie. The winds were not that bad, but the rain was relentless. The storm took 3 days to pass. What is it like where you are now?

Why do you think the weather will negate all of JP's changes? The jets are ranked 30th against the run while we are something like 5th. I say let the winds blow and ground and pound baby! It seems to me the weather plays right into our hands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: evildolphin

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #3

Lets go reggie! lets go defensive line!

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #4

Hey Joe,

I just read that it is now up to 75 mph which is not all that bad..what category. 1? As you know most of the damage comes when they just get over you and stop. When I was I FL. one of the worst was Charlie. The winds were not that bad, but the rain was relentless. The storm took 3 days to pass. What is it like where you are now?

Why do you think the weather will negate all of JP's changes? The jets are ranked 30th against the run while we are something like 5th. I say let the winds blow and ground and pound baby! It seems to me the weather plays right into our hands.[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is different Fins, as there is a Nor'Easter combining with Sandy, kinda like getting hit by Wake from one side and Solia from the other at the same time. I dealt with a Nor'easter when working in CT, and that SOB alone can bring 100 MPH winds.

Some of our changes had to be fitting in Gaffney, Moore & Armstrong spreading the field to get rid of 8-9 men in the box to stop the run. Now, I don't know that we are going to be able to do that. The "Big Uglies" are gonna have to do a hell of a job to run.

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #5

lets hope the o-line does some good blocking and Reggie has a big game and stays injury-free. The passing game is going to be dangerous in the winds I'm hearing!

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #6

• aquaaiea
  • Veteran
  • Family,Football,Fishing
Money is on the line so all contract year personel on deck, you've got only 10 games to prove your worth.
A child comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame, I feed the flame and it becomes a fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze!(Cus D'Amato)

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #7

• randy
  • Sophomore
I'm next to the cheasapeake bay so looks like its going to be a long storm with plenty of rain and wind, whooooha.

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #8

I'e seen where there are gonna be mandatory evacuations starting at 4, and that there is a chance of the subways being flooded, leaving 8M people without transportation, and there could be a power outage for a week or more.

Re: "FRANKENSTORM" 1 year, 10 months ago #9

Sandy is not that strong as far as winds go, but she is one of the biggest I ever saw. If it slows even more, the rains will be a huge factor.
  • Page:
Moderators: ONole1, Dolfan1
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds